BFG gForce SS A/S or Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Neither, the newest and top rated Ultra High Performance All Season is Continental ExtremeContact DWS, it costs about $60 less than Michelin.

The DWS has very soft sidewalls and do not handle well. They are only a good choice if you do a lot of driving in wet weather.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Neither, the newest and top rated Ultra High Performance All Season is Continental ExtremeContact DWS, it costs about $60 less than Michelin.

The DWS has very soft sidewalls and do not handle well. They are only a good choice if you do a lot of driving in wet weather.

They also say on Tire Racks site that once the S is gone they are no longer good for snow, and when the W is gone no longer good for wet. I think I would want a tire that can handle a little bit of everything through the life of the tire.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
They are just speaking in ideal terms. Every tire's performance diminishes in these regards.

I understand that, tire sites say a tire with a certain depth trade work in snow and a certain depth will still work in wet and a certain depth will only work in dry. I just think it is weird how market their tire of knowing when it isn't ideal for snow or wet anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back