What are you listening to right now?

I love the blues. I just downlowaded 5 Kid Rock albums so I'll put it on the usb chip to listen to it on the truck's radio Kid Rock comes from Romeo, Mich not to far from me.

Salt of the Earth. A local band from Chicago I saw Monday night.
Crinkles ypu might like them.
Kinda like old Sabbath/meets the Melvins.

Salt of the Earth. A local band from Chicago I saw Monday night.
Crinkles ypu might like them.
Kinda like old Sabbath/meets the Melvins.

I'm listening to what may come as a shock to most of the modern world......beautiful, peaceful SILENCE. No music, no cell phones, no TV, no traffic or aircraft, and not even a barking dog. You folks should try it sometimes. It's a lost endeavor.
I love it!!

Originally Posted By: andrewg
I'm listening to what may come as a shock to most of the modern world......beautiful, peaceful SILENCE. No music, no cell phones, no TV, no traffic or aircraft, and not even a barking dog. You folks should try it sometimes. It's a lost endeavor.
I love it!!

I would enjoy hearing more of that. The closest I can get in summer is the sound of rain. If it's not raining, I get to listen to the background dogs and motorcycles.

It's almost surreal if you look around at people in either crowded cities, malls, or even work. So many folks these days seem to REQUIRE a device to either listen to endless streams of music, or some weird sort of multi-tasking cell phone to constantly talk with others. I don't know but sometimes it just freaks me out the way everybody has this unhealthy (my opinion) need for noise or meaningless cell phone chatter. I have several friends that have ipods and such with hundreds of songs that they listen to every day. Take it away and I feel they would have nothing interesting to say. It's just odd to me, this obsession with constant music piping into ones ear (or cell phone garble...text messaging etc.)
I guess I'm just out of date and don't need to hear a song until I get in my car for the drive home.

Johnny Winter, "Looking for Trouble."

"Hey bartender, pour me a double
It's Saturday night, and I'm looking for trouble

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
Johnny Winter, "Looking for Trouble."

"Hey bartender, pour me a double
It's Saturday night, and I'm looking for trouble
Jonny Winter is cool!!Check out Robin Trower.

Back