Post your latest oil change

Welcome to the board. I suspect many will point out you are doing OCI's way too frequently...waste of $ and hurting mother nature, especially since you are using M1.

Originally Posted By: 3putter
Welcome to the board. I suspect many will point out you are doing OCI's way too frequently...waste of $ and hurting mother nature, especially since you are using M1.
How is changing the oil too often hurting mother nature? I would agree that it is a waste of $$$$ .

2nd that. If you like Fram get the new Xtended guard filter and stick with your M1. If your not comfortable with the 10k change then do 7k but other than that your wasting your money.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
How is changing the oil too often hurting mother nature? I would agree that it is a waste of $$$$ .

Every time a synthetic oil is changed with less than 5k miles on it, a dozen kittens get run over in the street.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak

Every time a synthetic oil is changed with less than 5k miles on it, a dozen kittens get run over in the street.
That is good then too many kittens from not being spayed or neutered.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak

That is a scientific fact. If you're not comfortable with that, you might want to extend your OCI.

...and a big ol' BITOG welcome to ya, asnow1!

Originally Posted By: asnow1
1997 C1500 SILVERADO 180,000 KM
M1 5W 30
Fram Filter
Has oil change every 3000k or less

You really don't want to be changing that often with M1....it's a waste.

welcome2.gif

You need a real oil ...Oooops
LOL.gif

If I was in most parts of Canada, I'd be using a synthetic full time too.

How many miles do you put on a year, asnow1??? If you're getting around 6 months out of your M1 purchase, then I don't see that as too much of a waste.

MObil 2 EP 5w-30 with M1-102 or M1-209 for toyotas
Mobil 3 EP 10w-30 with volvo oem or M1-204 for volvos

every 6 month regardless of mileage.
I usually run about 5000+- miles every 6 month

13,458 on a run of 4qt of 0-20 asm and 3qts s2000 o-30, now back to my stash all 7qts of S2000 o-30. That was just less than 6 months. F 150 5.4 MOSTLY HIGHWAY.

How's this one for you?
I'm using up some oil found in my Aunt's garage when she moved into assisted living recently.

2006 Ford Freestar work van 45k miles

0.5 qt. Valvoline engine stop leak
1 qt. Havoline Formula 3 10w-40 SJ
1 qt. Pennzoil 10w-40 SL
1.5 qts. Tech 2000 (old version of Supertech) 10w-40 SJ
1 qt. MMO to thin it out
wink.gif

Pep Boys Proline filter (from FAR Peak oil deal)

Wife's car is almost due again, but here's the current:

(boring, yes)

2.4L Highlander:
PZ Plat 5w30
Napa Gold Filter

3.4L Tacoma:
Chevron Supreme w/ ARX
(Clean Cycle)
OEM Toyota Filter

More filters get discarded & some oil spillage gets onto the ground not into recycling is what I would surmise.

Last edited:
I'm due for one soon.
Last change was 4.5 qts of Motorcraft 5w20 and a Purolator filter.
Next change will be 4.5 qts of PP 5w20 and a Honda filter.

Past weekend,
2000 Grand Cherokee 4.7L with 127K miles.
Pennzoil High Mileage 10w30 and a Baldwin filter.

03 2.5 Altima S, 68929 mi. Changed today.

OCI= 6 months and 5100 miles

Valvoline Prem. Conv. 5w30, and AAP Total Grip Oil Filter (Puro w/texture.).

Used up most of the 5.5 qt. special jug from last summer's Wally sale. IIRC $12.00.

Change went smooth, hand tightening grip on AAP TG a breeze.

'89 F150 - Chevron Delo 15W-40, Pure-One (Amazon clearance)
'06 Accord - Chevron Synthetic SL 5W-30 (AutoZone clearance oil from a few years ago), ProLine filter (FAR PepBoys)
'93 Volvo 240 - Pennzoil Platinum 5W-40 ($1 after rebates 2 yrs ago), Mann filter from my case buy
'99 Grand Marquis - Castrol GTX 5W-30 & Fram filter. My friend's car, he provided the materials

Those are just in the past several weeks :). I like doing oil changes.

Back