For your grinning pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Driveline Vibration Issue

Possible Root Cause?

This guy ran over a mattress and decided to keep going.

The ensuing jumble finally whipped around enough to

put a hole in the gas tank, the subsequent lack of fuel

is what finally brought this vehicle to its knees.

It had still managed to drive 30 miles decently

with a 60lb tangle wrapped around the driveshaft.

This genius complained that the vehicle had a

slight "shimmy" when driving it high speeds.

Here is what the dealership found:
d2.jpg

driveline.jpg

d2.jpg

d3.jpg

That has got to be winner for the best set of pictures in 2008!! (late entry)

Please tell us your relationship here. Not kin, we know.

PS EDIT: No more chuckling at the Chinese or 3rd world countries!

Last edited:
I can't take credit for this beauty as it was sent to me by an associate. I HAD to pass it on to the Bitog crew.
banana2.gif

reminds me of my bushhog when it got a hold of the bar wire fence in the pasture.. of course I did notice.

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Did this happen in Wisconsin?

Now you have to give us Wisconsinites more credit than this.

Excuse me sir, did your car have a vibration? "Here's Your Sign"

This is probably an obvious statement but if I ran over a mattress or even a plastic shopping bag I'd watch for it in the rear view mirror. Not there = guess what, bub?

I bet the service order said "Owner complains vehicle suspension feels too soft". Was it a Beauty Rest?
Happy New Year!

I'm gonna have to ask what a mattress was doing on the road. I dont recall seeing any mattress kiosks on the interstates around here. I know the economy is bad but c'mon.
LOL.gif

Not long before I left Vegas I was driving home on the 215 when someone lost a mattress. Seems no one knows how to properly secure a load. Im driving along merrily when all of a sudden I see brake lights and cars diving out of the lane and I go "DubyaTeeEff?!!?"
At least they noticed they lost it as they pulled over, but I think someone hit it as there were two cars pulled over.

I see people carrying mattresses on the roofs of cars a lot. Looks like they could blow off @ any time.

Originally Posted By: kelpie
I see people carrying mattresses on the roofs of cars a lot. Looks like they could blow off @ any time.

Yup. Saw it too... driving on I-95 in south FL, mattress flying off the roof of a car. Plenty of traffic too... luckily I was able to switch lanes before hitting the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back