NAPA, Advacne auto, carquest..best parts to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IM looking for replacement parts, for my 95 neon.. and am wondering, what would be the best aftermarlet parts to get...NAPA i know seems to hold the edge on this, and Advance seems to look good too...i dont like autozones stuff.
Which would you choose, in terms of reliable quality..

It depends more on the brand of replacement part then the store it your buying it from. That being said NAPA does have a decent reputation. I like Advance - good selection and decent prices.

Ah good point yes... well for example...i might need a new EGR valve.. i bought one from autozone like 3 or 4 years ago, and every year, it throws a cell, and car rusn like [censored]..i remove the egr tube and the unit, only t find, its 98% clean... so am thinking the autozone valve is weird...
NAPA has the Delphi brand...while Advance has Standard products.... how about those 2 compared to eachother?

I typically find the best quality and price from CarQuest, Napa second, AZ and the rest 3rd.

Joel

NAPA more expensive but higher quality IMO but for some parts only OEM are best, depends. I like AAP batteries but replacement parts, not sure, I feel like they are the Wal-Mart of the parts field, just get the cheapest part out there for people to buy regardless of quality, just my opinion

Do you have an O`Reilly`s there? The a/c control panel (the dash piece that has all the a/c,heater controls) shorted out in my gf`s 1998 Olds 88 and they were able to get me what they called a "new used part" w/warranty that was VERY reasonably priced. It was around $100 compared to almost $400 for a GM dealer part. It was the only parts store that could get it plus it was the GM OEM part and it was in factory new condition.

It's no coincidence that mechanics in repair shops get their parts from NAPA, and not from places like AutoZone.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
It's no coincidence that mechanics in repair shops get their parts from NAPA, and not from places like AutoZone.

That used to be the case fifteen, twenty years ago. AZ and Advance have stepped up to the plate in terms of pricing and parts for commercial accounts. With NAPA now carrying a lot of the same cheap junk that AZ and Advance do, most independents are using them over or in addition to NAPA.

I like Napa and parts plus but now order mostly from rockauto.com

Napa carries a couple of quality lines so if you want the best you need to ask for premium. I don't think anyone sells better parts then Napa but there are other stores that carry the same quality.

Napa has some cheaper parts that may not be the same quality as their OE replacement line. If you look on their web site or ask at the counter, you need to get the premium or direct OE replacement parts to get the higher quality parts that the professional garages and mechanics use. I have had absolutely no problems with the OE quality parts I have bought from Napa. They are more expensive but they work correctly and they last and perform as good or better than OE.

That being said, Napa also sells other parts like gasket sets for example where the exact same brand and item are sold for less money at other stores like AAP. AAP was $8.00 cheaper for the exact same Felpro valve cover gasket set for my truck. So it pays to shop around, if you have the time.

I'm using the house brand Napa HM oil in my truck now. This is the first time I've used it and I'm getting the exact same results and mpg that I got with the more expensive Maxlife.

Historically, NAPA was the best out of those mentioned.
With everybody buying cheap Chinese stuff, you can get an inferior or questionable part from anywhere now.

If you know exactly what parts you need try online, like http://www.summitracing.com. I ordered my plugs and wires on my old 02 from them and it only cost me $80 shipped. Locally it would have cost me about $120, this was for A/C Delco platinum plugs with Taylor racing wires.

Napa's aren't very easy to find but Pepboys is so that's were I go.

INteresting replys:) I was comparing parts form thier websites.. napa, advance auto, and also fouond, in my case, a discounted dodge mopar parts website...of course nothing is going to beat OEM, but to save some cash and all, you know? IN particular interest to me, was new axles..got a ripped boot..dealer axles for my 95 neon with ABS, too expensive! Carquest ahs Cardone axles, which seemt o be engineered very good, and NAPA sells remaufactured axles, the core is outrages though..
EGR valve...thier all the same... made by Delphi..a GM part..compared to dealer..

Originally Posted By: kingrob
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04

That used to be the case fifteen, twenty years ago. AZ and Advance have stepped up to the plate in terms of pricing and parts for commercial accounts. With NAPA now carrying a lot of the same cheap junk that AZ and Advance do, most independents are using them over or in addition to NAPA.

Well, it is still that way here. You'll see the NAPA delivery truck in front of shops where the A-Z or Advance truck is never seen.

NAPA and carquest are ready to jump in a pickup and zoom across town with 4 spark plugs, someone's gotta pay for that.

I go by brands, the same spectra radiator at advance for $170 is $95 shipped from rockauto and it's quicker than you'd imagine!

NAPA recently redid their website making it harder to price shop between them and others; I often take them out of contention, not wanting to make a phone call. They need me desperate to get my business.
frown.gif

Locally, NAPA is the first place that I head whenever I need a quality part under short notice.

You pay about 25% more, but their parts quality is top-notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back