24f battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the highest cranking amp battery i can get in this size.24F
wally world maybe? autozone ? etc...
I really don't want to spend over a hundred bucks either,thanks.

Either Everstart or Everstart Maxx at WM is available in size 24F, it is about $72 for Everstart Maxx with 3 years free replacement and pro-rate to 84 months.

Consumer report rates Everstart 24F as best buy at $45, but the price went up to about $60 now.

Originally Posted By: TylerL
more cranking amps in the same size could mean less durability because the lead plates have more holes.

I have seen that the higher the CCA, the longer the battery lasts.

Originally Posted By: TylerL
more cranking amps in the same size could mean less durability because the lead plates have more holes.
More output [Amps]has more plates . Compare the weight

Originally Posted By: Steve S
More output [Amps]has more plates . Compare the weight

I agreed, same size battery with more CCA is heavier.

Gold-Duralast 24F with 750CCA weight 44.8 lbs
Duralast 24F with 600CCA weight 39.7 lbs

It will be going in the rear for more traction anyway so the extra 5 pounds is not a problem for me.
I'm kinda torn between the Maxx and a red top optima which is alot more expensive and maybe not that much better.

The Interstate Mega-Tron Plus MTP-24 has 800 CCA. It is right at $100 retail. The Wal-Mart EverStart Maxx claims to have 700 CCA but may be somewhat lest in reality.

Whatever you do, stay away from Exide batteries. From my experiences they are garbage. They make the ones that Wally world sells in Canada, and the ones at Canadian Tire. They are [censored]. I have always bought Interstate Batteries, they always run great in the Winter and have always lasted me 10 years.

If CCA is 800 then CA should be more than 1000, around 1100.
The Interstate Mega-Tron should be found at small independent auto parts stores. Most auto parts chains don't carry Interstate.

You should think about warranty, buying EverStart Maxx at Walmart can be serviced/exchanged at any Walmart which is almost anywhere you travel in US, if it failed within warranty period of 3 years exchange and 9 years pro-rate. Buying battery at local parts store can only exchange/service at that store.

That is why I buy CarQuest batteries, which are relabeled DEKA batteries. Lots of places to honor the warranty, and high quality products that are unlikely to need replacement early.

But avoid NAPA. Their batteries are Exide products with NAPA written on them. I worked at a used car lot, and the NAPA batteries were good for one thing: Getting the car into a condition that it can be sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back