Who makes Honda/Acura motor oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My delivery guy, when I worked at a Chrysler store, told me that what he delivered to GM, Honda, and Chrysler dealerships under the respective auto makers labels all came from the same supply tank. And yes, he did reluctantly reveal that it was Mobil that supplied the oil. But then he only worked there. Who knows what the "official" line was.

Originally Posted By: TedSexington
Mobil 1 or Clean, also is it a different formula from Mobil oil?

I used the Driveclean series to break in my brand new car until the ODO reached 21,500 and then I poured Motorcraft and basically created another car altogether. It's real close to Exxon Superflo and yes it's made by EM from all my research. It's a great oil and the Driveclean felt no different then the Mobil 1 full synthetic. They say only a UOA can determine wear metals but I go by seat of the pants and fuel economy results because I know the Honda will go the requisite 250-300k with basic maintenance like oil and ATF drain and fills.

In Canada, the Honda oil is made by Petro Canada, with the exception of the 0W20, which is made by Idemitsu. At least it was in the winter of 2006 when I checked. I would assume Acura is the same, but don't know for sure.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
No, Esso is part of Exxon-Mobil, Petro-Canada used to be owned by the Canadian government.

still?
btw, i also check a Honda dealer and they had a none-synthetic 0w-20, isnt all 0w-xx had to be synthetic?

Nope, privatized a few years ago.

I'm impressed by PC products - I know it sounds cliche to say so, but they really do seem to be made for the Canadian climate...they concentrate on the low-temp properties of their products....

Seems a previous post of mine got deleted, oh well. I've never understood why more of you Canadians do not use Petro Canada products. They make some really good lubricants.

Johnny,

A lot of people probably do, without even knowing it. GM dealerships, Honda dealerships, 'Oil Changers'..all use PC oils. Lot of Honda Civics and Cobalts on the roads up here....

Still PetroCanada oils are hard to come by no major store chain carries it only place I can get it is Costco and still they only carry the cheaper variety "Maximum" not the red bottle.
And yes their products are great in winter

Originally Posted By: Dominik
Still PetroCanada oils are hard to come by no major store chain carries it only place I can get it is Costco and still they only carry the cheaper variety "Maximum" not the red bottle.

You need to find a bulk retailer - it's cheaper than buying at the gas station, and you can get all their products.

http://www.online.petro-canada.ca/bulkplants/Bulk-Ovr.asp

Originally Posted By: Dominik

Which costco did you get PC oils? i can only find Castrol and Shell products at Costco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back