Paying for 93 oct, but getting 87?!?!?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, this is like my first post, but i have been reading here for a while now.

I was getting gas last week, and my lincoln needs 91+ so i get 93. I swiped the credit card, took the pump and started fueling. I started thinking. This station has just one hose for the pump, and you hit a button for the grade of gas you want. so how much 87 is left in the one hose and in the pump untill my 93 starts coming out? am i paying more for the gallon or so of 87 while i purge the line untill my 93 starts coming out?

I no i explained this really bad, but from now on i am only going to use pumps that have 3 hoses.

I would go to those pumps that have three individual pumps for reg, plus, and prem. I love going to the single pumps for all three grades. makes me think I'm getting some leftover additive in the hoses from people who buy premium gas for my regular gas engine.
grin2.gif

yea, it would work in your favor!!

but I know most people get 87, and it erks me thinking how much 87 is goin into my tank from the pump/hose!!!

luckily theres a new BP station down the street from my house, with 3 hoses(one for each grade) and they pump it for free.

I like the BP gas with the new additive invigorate. my truck runs better on it, and its all i put into my new(to me) lincoln.

Originally Posted By: rg200amp
Hey guys, this is like my first post, but i have been reading here for a while now.

I was getting gas last week, and my lincoln needs 91+ so i get 93. I swiped the credit card, took the pump and started fueling. I started thinking. This station has just one hose for the pump, and you hit a button for the grade of gas you want. so how much 87 is left in the one hose and in the pump untill my 93 starts coming out? am i paying more for the gallon or so of 87 while i purge the line untill my 93 starts coming out?

I no i explained this really bad, but from now on i am only going to use pumps that have 3 hoses.

Incorrect assumption partner.

At most, you'll get the the nozzle portion filled with 87 octane. Hardly worth noting.

Originally Posted By: firemachine69

At most, you'll get the the nozzle portion filled with 87 octane. Hardly worth noting.

when there is only one hose, and you hit a button to choose grade, if i want 93, and the person before me got 87, then ATLEAST i am getting the entire hose full of 87, not to mention the inside lines and actual pump. that can easily add up to a gallon+

Most hoses are suspended from the blending point of the two sources. Notice that you can't "hose tip" any more. There is no "left overs" for you to help yourself to.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Most hoses are suspended from the blending point of the two sources. Notice that you can't "hose tip" any more. There is no "left overs" for you to help yourself to.

Communist pigs I tell ya
12.gif

When I get 100% gas that is 92 octane for my Harley, small engines, Boat and sometimes my truck, I always go to the BP with a seperate hose for each grade!

when there is only one hose, and you hit a button to choose grade, if i want 93, and the person before me got 87, then ATLEAST i am getting the entire hose full of 87, not to mention the inside lines and actual pump. that can easily add up to a gallon+

Again. Incorrect.

It's difficult to explain without getting very technical, but no, you will at most get a few ounces of 87 from the nozzle end (one of the shut-off valves resides in there, the other at the break-away point of the hose).

Again. Incorrect.

It's difficult to explain without getting very technical, but no, you will at most get a few ounces of 87 from the nozzle end (one of the shut-off valves resides in there, the other at the break-away point of the hose).

yes I see your point now, that other post that said its suspended at the bending point at the source made sence.

But those ounces of 87 still irk me!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back