Cheap Oil at K-Mart - Need Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went to K-Mart and found about 25 quarts of Mobil Drive Clean Plus SL rated synthetic blend oil for 20 cents a quart. Is it any good? Will it be OK for my 2004 Impala? I'm not sure how old it is but it appears to have been sitting on the shelf for a while. Does oil expire? Should I buy it?

oil.jpg

Of course its a great oil for your Impala. It doesn't matter if its SL rated. Its about 5 years old and still good.

Off Topic: Valvoline Synpower is also on closeout.

Originally Posted By: honda761
The syntec oil next to it is the old old bottle, what planet is this?

That's Kentucky for ya!
LOL.gif

That Syntec next to it is still $6.59 a quart.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Off Topic: Valvoline Synpower is also on closeout.

I found fresh Valvoline Synpower SM rated oil in the 6 quart boxes for $6. That's $1 a quart...

They also had 6 packs of Valvoline conventional for $9 ($1.50 per quart)

Last edited:
Most K-Marts have some real "fossils" in their oil section. (sorry, couldn't resist)

I found some M1 0w-30 SL from '03 or '04, notified the dept. mgr. and made him an offer. It was still full price at the time and covered in dust.

I went and got all 22 quarts for $4.40 plus tax. I sure hope it's ok and not ruined from being so old.

Originally Posted By: syn_all_the_way
I went and got all 22 quarts for $4.40 plus tax. I sure hope it's ok and not ruined from being so old.

It will be 100% fine to use. Dont worry about the small stuff,go out and change that oil!
grin2.gif

Nah! That stuff is old and no good. But being the good guy that I am I will do you a favor and buy it off of you for say 40 cents a quart. Man I just hate to see a nice guy like you get shafted so I am doing you a favor.

Joking okay!

Great deal, use it with no fear. I wish my local Kmart would have some deals like this.

That's fantastic! Can this deal be beat by any member of BITOG?

I never really thought I would ever have an "oil stash" but I guess this was a good enough reason to start one.
cool.gif

oil2.jpg

receipt.jpg

"That's fantastic! Can this deal be beat by any member of BITOG?"

Yeah Toyota/Sat, I got 20 or 25 quarts of PP 10W30 and another 30 or so of Dino Pennzoil and QS for free one night at Home Depot during the clearance. Their network crashed, they were past closing time, and I thought the guy was taking count of my cart to calculate a cash sale. I had my wallet out and ready to pay. After he took his inventory of my cart, he waved me to the door wishing me a good night.

SCORE!!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn

That's fantastic! Can this deal be beat by any member of BITOG?

Couple months ago I score 35 quarts of Havoline DS, and 12 quarts of Coastal full synthetic from AZ. For free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back