Cheap Oil at K-Mart - Need Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
how about 80 quarts of Free oil after rebate..group 3 style. how about that? what do I win?
grin2.gif

At THOSE prices? Only our contempt!
thankyou2.gif

Originally Posted By: -Clayton-
I would buy all of it if I were you.

X2 for sure.

or buy it all for the .20 cents or so and i will buy it from you for .50 cents, thats a deal right there

Originally Posted By: syn_all_the_way
I never really thought I would ever have an "oil stash" but I guess this was a good enough reason to start one.
cool.gif

oil2.jpg

receipt.jpg

wow that is AwEsOmE! good job
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: BennyL
[censored], i wish i could score mobil syn blend for 40 cents a pop. sweet deal!

20 cents a pop, even better

My brother went by our local Kmart yesterday to check it out. They had 5 qts of it in 5w30 and 2 quarts of it in 20w50. He said it looked like it had been up there 10 years. Took it up to the front and got them to scan it. $2.92 qt. I wouldn't buy it for that price.

K-Mart has been mis-managed at the corporate level for years. I had high hopes for K-Mart once they emerged for bankruptcy with a new management team a few years back and had good cash on hand and cash flow, but then the new owners blew the cash buying up Sears and brought K-Mart operations under the new Sears Holding Company. I have not heard of any significant expansion plans for K-Mart, BigK's or SuperK's since. I understand there is some movement to a more centralized system between the various Sears Holdings Company's but it seems to be taking a long time to gel the Sears/Kmart merger. It would appear the K-Marts are still on a regional system. It is somewhat sad given K-Marts history dating back the the SS Kresge 5&10 days to see this company whither on the vein.

I was driving in a smaller town outside Columbus and passed a Kmart. Thought, hmm, wonder if they have any marked down oil?

Stopped in. There, sitting alone on a high shelf, was one bottle of the old Mobil Drive Clean. Took it to a price check--beep, 20 cents!

Looked high and low, asked at customer service, this lone bottle was the only one.

So technically I got in on the deal. Wonder how they only had one left?

John

Originally Posted By: John_K
Wonder how they only had one left?

John

I actually left one in the Henderson store. It had been opened.

The K-Mart in my town is downright spooky. First of all, it is on a busy street, with a big parking lot in front of it with only a few cars in front. Your first reaction is "Is this thing even open?"

You go in, and things seem a little darker than you expected. The fact that there are no windows adds to the cave effect. You'll see a handful of people in there, but it is an eerie feeling.

Make you way to the oil section and likely you can look around and not hear or see a single sound or see a single person. I saw some antique Castrol the last time I was in there.

It is like somebody has dropped a neutron bomb (you know, the kind that kills all the people but leaves the buildings untouched) on K-Mart.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jett Rink
The K-Mart in my town is downright spooky. First of all, it is on a busy street, with a big parking lot in front of it with only a vew cars in front. Your first reaction is "Is this thing even open?"

You go in, and things seem a little darker than you expected. The fact that there are no windows adds to the cave effect. You'll see a handful of people in there, but it is an eerie feeling.

Make you way to the oil section and likely you can look around and not hear or see a single sound or see a single person. I saw some antique Castrol the last time I was in there.

It is like somebody has dropped a neutron bomb (you know, the kind that kills all the people but leaves the buildings untouched) on K-Mart.

Like a K-Mart in Chernobyl perhaps?
LOL.gif

The last K-Mart near me looks like its still 1963 inside. Very retro. All the other ones I know have closed within the last 10 years.

With that said, I might stop in tonight and pick up some oil.

There are a few K-marts in my area and they are dreadful as well. They are always out of everything, the store looks like it belongs in a third world country and the employees never seem all that eager to help. I wonder how they are even still open! The oil prices are sooo much higher than wally world and the oil filter selection stinks. I do not even bother going to either one anymore...

The two K-marts I frequent the most really aren't that bad at all. I've actually found some decent deals on things also. I frequent Target and Wally-World much more often though.

Anyway,the last time I went in K-mart I didn't see any oil at all on clearance. I was looking for Valvoline for my dad,but no dice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back