Arco(BP) Gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a ? i see arco gas is cheaper and i hear rumors it will destroy your car and what not but what is actually true i mean any gas can be bad i remember hearing a few years ago Shell had a problem with too much sulfur and had to pay for repair work so i think gas is gas as far as unleaded goes. as a matter of fact i see the fuel depot for the state and i notice all the tanks are the same and the chevron and shell trucks are right behind the no name arco truck so i wonder. i think premium is a different story but please chime in i want to know as much as possible

Been investigating this same thing...
I've used Arco for all our other vehicles without any problems, but for our new SX4, I purposed to use only a "Top-tier" gas. Specifically, Chevron w/Techron.
Today, I chose to fill-up with the less expensive Arco for the first time. I also added 4oz. of 2/3rds MMO + 1/3 LUCL as is my usual, and have yet to notice anything different so far, except the cost.

No pinging!
thumbsup2.gif

i am surprised i did a search on the subject and nothing so i wanted to know if anyone knew anything about it. i used to use it with no probs gas is gas afaik

I have noticed nothing different in Arco gasolines ever since it was taken over by BP. I admit I too heard from past opinions that it was terrible gas when it was under Arco itself.

I use Arco every week in my Dodge Durango with not ill effects what so every. I admit though that I use a little Lucas "Upper Cylinder Lube" mixed with it. Other than that I'll burn Arco any time.

Durango

I know several people myself included that get worse mpg on Arco gas. My moms Sportage goes from 22mpg to 19 on it. I have not used it in several years. Maybe it has changed?

I run it in my Neon, Dakota and my 1965 Dodge Coronet with a big block flat tappet cam engine. NEVER a problem!

Sometimes I run other gas in my Coronet, like Chevron or 76, but see no performance difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back