Gas gadget

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems sketchy to me. any heat added to the fuel is instantly taken away as soon as it is atomized. maybe if the fuel was really cold to begin with it would help it atomize. I could see it making a difference on diesels in cold regions since diesel gels in cold temperatures. if it were that simple every vehicle would have a fuel heater. that would be a $1 part for an OEM to implement.

There is something better than that junk. Its on smartgas.net bright enterprise inc. This man got out of the oil industry long ago due to company greed and among others reasons. Say the word acetone to some of the companies and foul mouths run all day....

Why dont the 1930's car had pretty good mpg back then? its the quality of gas and acetone WAS an primary component until some rich fool want more money (corporate greed) :hothead: so they took it out and tried to hide it from the public.

Last edited:
Anything that claims to boost mileage to any degree and is reasonably priced would be put on vehicles from the factory as stated above.

Remember those gasoline pills? They disappeared quick!

Cars in the 30's DID NOT get good fuel mileage...especially when you consider the anemic power ratings of those meager engines. If you take a false statement as fact, you can make any situation fit your arguement.

I'll never understand why these conspiracy theories abound...

Interesting figures in a car mag I bought the other day.

Had the results of the late 60's early 70s economy runs in "average" family sedans for the era. They were allowed to drive for economy, but had observers in the car to ensure no coating, and reasonable road speeds, driving over 5 days in the Snowy Mountains (lots of big grades)

Ford Falcon GT (351c.i. manual) 24.4MPG (imperial)
Monaro GTS (308c.i. manual) 29.19MPG
Kingswood (253c.i. manual) 28.62MPG
Premier (253c.i. auto - trimatic, horrible box) 27.17 MPG
Monaro GTS (186c.i. - trimatic) 29.31 MPG

All carbed, OHV pushrod, points ignition (pre-emissions controls)

Their modern counterparts are immensely more powerful, but no better in economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back