New WK Diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy all,

Just got a new 2007 jeep grand cherokee with the 3.0L diesel engine. Loving it.

A guy at work who had a diesel truck told me that every other tank I should add some diesel cleaner additive to "help" get the fuel thru since diesel is thicker than gas.

From reading thru the posts here, it seems that people are adding stuff to their diesel fuel, so

what's the best and how often?

Thanks,
Todd

The fuel gets through just fine. Add some additive to lube the fuel system ,keep the injectors clean etc. is good.

LCD Inc makes a good diesel additive for lubrication and is/was a site supporter. Schaeffer's makes a couple good ones too.

I picked up a 32 oz bottle of Diesel Kleen at Wally World. Said it helps to lube the system. I'll use that and see how it does. Looks like 8oz to 25 gals, so that should work out pretty well.

Thanks for the replys.

the Stanadyne additive has been tested well in some Chrysler literature I was just looking at yesterday

I would not hesitate to use the Amsoil either

Originally Posted By: duaneb9729
what sort of fuel mileage are you getting with your jeep? have been looking at them myself

Right now in around town driving I am getting about 17 to 18. I was getting 13 to 14 in my old jeep with the 4.7l.

Haven't done a highway trip yet.

Truck has 3,200 mi on it. Have heard that the engine won't be broken in until 10,000 miles.

Good truck, I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back