Varnished Carb - using Fuel Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a number of farm use carb engines that I use Fuel Power to stabilize and treat the fuel. We probably take up to 6 months to fully go through one "batch" of fuel.

I just had to have the carb rebuilt on a Kawasaki Bayou 300 that had this treated fuel in it. The shop says it doesn't matter if the fuel was treated, that the new "ethanol" blended fuels won't last more than a few weeks even when treated. (this was standard unleaded 87 octane, not b20, or whatever the flex-fuel stuff is)

Should I continue to rely on Fuel Power to stabilize and keep things clean, or should I switch to another product like Stabil and Techron?

Thanks,
JS

FP60 was never marketed as a stabilizer - I don't know if it does anything at all in that regard.

FP+ mentions that it's improved stabilization, but still isn't a "stabilizer". I'd use Sta-bil *AND* FP in these engines from now on. I've been doing that in my OPE fuel for a couple of years.

+1 to Craig's comments.

FP is good as a performance enhancer for fuel but never known as a "fuel stabiliser" of some sort.

If you want good fuel stabiliser, use Sta-bil, Crrraapppy Tire's fuel stabiliser (1-2-4-dimethylbenzene), or Briggs and Stratton little black bottle of fuel stabiliser.

Q.

Guess that about sums it up... I thought I had read it was a stabilizer from more than one person...

I even let my boat sit all winter w/ just FP in the fuel - no problems.....

I'll burn through all the stored up fuel and get some new stuff. Dose it w/ stabil and FP+.

Do you think the FP+ will be enough to remove anything in the other carbs, or should I run something stronger?

I'd try some Neutra from Schaeffer's. Really good stuff! Also you could try their 131c. I believe that even 10% alcohol screws things up--not so much by itself, but in conjunction with everything else. Does DFW sell ethanol gas year round? In West Texas, we get the [censored] stuff Oct-Mar.

DFW is year round, but I thought West TX was as well. I buy most of my gas in Aspermont, which is more West than DFW area, and they have the Ethanol labels on the pumps now.

The "rubber" gets hard ,it is not the gas getting old. Also,if you let the gas evaporate there will be a problem. Every once in a while turn the gas on to keep the carb guts wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back