2007 Dodge Dakota 3.7 Liter V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there. I am new to this board. I have a 2007 Dodge Dakota 3.7 Liter V6. I am about to send out for my first time oil analysis next week. Anyone here have a recommendation for what oil to use for this truck. I use it for a small pest control business I run and probably use the truck 60 percent highway and 40 percent city driving. I have been using 5w30 mobil 1 truck and suv. Should I go to 5w20 which is recommended?? If anyone has a comment (oil recommendation) on this motor besides it being a dog let me know!

Stick with M1 5W30 or PP 5W30 do not worry about going to 5W20! This engine turns in great UOA on just about any 5W30 so why mess with a good thing!The truck's aero dynamic limitations will not allow you to see any increase in MPG with a 5W20 anyways!

Oh ok. Thanks a lot! Appreciate all the info. I'm still going to do the oil analysis and see what results I get. It only has 15000 miles on it and I am doing 5,000 miles intervals.

My Dakota had a terrific UOA on Havoline 5w-30 about 5 months ago- it was under the 4k numbers on a 6k interval!

I wouldn't worry much about it (and I don't!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back