amsoil + 5.4L V8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amsoil's Online Product Application Guide has *No* recommendation for the FORD MODULAR 5.4l V8. WHY?? I just purchased a 2008 F150 and am looking to change the oil out early, maybe at 500 miles. Any suggestions on a particular Amsoil weight for this engine? Should I stay semi-synthetic as far as the piston rings are concerned?

thanks

Originally Posted By: doubleclutch
I use the AMSOIL 0W20 in my '07 F-150 5.4L 3V with no problems! However, I waited until I had 5,000 miles on the engine before changing over from Motorcraft 5W20.

thanks, why wait so long?, piston rings or is that your regular OCI? I have two gallons of Amsoil 0W-20 that I want to use for this winter, just trying to decide when to put it in this engine.

PhillyFX4 - I changed out the factory fill at 2,500, ran Motorcraft 5W20 another 2,500, then changed over to the AMSOIL 0W20. I wanted the engine to break in some before changing over to synthetic, and 5,000 miles fits in for the regular oil change intervals. I'm also using the AMSOIL 0W20 in a 2003 Taurus with no problems. I'll be changing our 2007 Mustang GT to the AMSOIL 0W20 at 10,000 miles.

Just say its a 2007, its the same engine requiring the same weight oil. Their guide also recommends the 0W-30 for that engine.

Originally Posted By: phillyFX4
Amsoil's Online Product Application Guide has *No* recommendation for the FORD MODULAR 5.4l V8. WHY?? I just purchased a 2008 F150 and am looking to change the oil out early, maybe at 500 miles. Any suggestions on a particular Amsoil weight for this engine?

thanks

This information for Amsoil's online guide is supplied by Chek Chart and we have to wait until they update it. I'm not sure why Chek Chart is so slow this year. Myself and Amsoil Tech services are happy to assist:

Engine Oil
Grade 1......API*
100% Synthetic 0W-20 Motor Oil = ASM
SAE 5W-20 XL Synthetic Motor Oil = XLM
SAE 0W-30 Synthetic Signature Series Oil = SSO

If you like to purchase oil, please let me know.

Thanks,

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back