Favorite cheap beers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is probably not for the traditional connoisseurs who never pay less than $8 for a 6 pack. This is for the people who can appreciate a cheap, trashy beer.

My favorite cheap beers are Natural Light, Olde English, and Keystone. I don't like Busch Light much at all, but for $12-$13 for a case, I sometimes end up getting it.

Natural Light, definately; as well as any of the Keystone varities. My overall favorite, however, is Steel Reserve; it's a High Gravity brew, and I can usually pick up a 12-pack for around $8.00 here in my area!

I've sampled just about every cheap brew made since I was of legal age ('94). Of all the cheap stuff out there, my favorites are Bud, Miller High Life, and Miller Lite, in that order.

For some odd reason, I've never had a taste of Pabst Blue Ribbon. I've heard it's quite drinkable, despite it's rot-gut reputation.

I prefer Miller High Life. Other favorite brands ae RED DOG and Miller Lite. Recently I went to a Christmas party and all they had were high end beers, I never heard of and I thought they were lousy. Iam glad I have incurred a taste of cheap beer.

Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
I've sampled just about every cheap brew made since I was of legal age ('94). Of all the cheap stuff out there, my favorites are Bud, Miller High Life, and Miller Lite, in that order.

For some odd reason, I've never had a taste of Pabst Blue Ribbon. I've heard it's quite drinkable, despite it's rot-gut reputation.

PBR is pretty drinkable. It is worth a try if you have never had it. It is pretty smooth, and still has a decent beer taste to it.

Miller Lite is a good one. It is one of the better tasting cheap beers.

Miller LITE is my favorite beer because it tastes pretty good and is low carb to boot. I'll drink Amstel or Heineken Light if I'm at a party (and someone else is paying for it). Regular Heineken gives me a headache as I'm drinking it and Budweiser gives me a headache the next day. Milwaukee's Best Light isn't bad for a cheap light beer.

i like natural ice/lite, i usually buy a 30 pack of each and alternate ice - lite with every can that way im counting calories and getting hammered with the 5.5% stuff at the same time. when i buy just a few at my corner stop i get 24 oz. hurricane high gravities for $1. they are 8.1% and work really good. right now its bud and bud light in the fridge, im sitting on 15 or so cases of the stuff.

I don't think I have ever had Natural Ice, which is a shame since I love both love Natural Light and anything with ice in the name. I got beer tonight, but I decided on Natural Light, my old favorite. Might get some Icehouse tomorrow.

Originally Posted By: bigbrother8
i like natural ice/lite, i usually buy a 30 pack of each and alternate ice - lite with every can that way im counting calories and getting hammered with the 5.5% stuff at the same time. when i buy just a few at my corner stop i get 24 oz. hurricane high gravities for $1. they are 8.1% and work really good. right now its bud and bud light in the fridge, im sitting on 15 or so cases of the stuff.

Natural Ice at 5.9% really gets ya cozy!

I can down a case of Natural Light in 2 hours and barely feel a thing. Gotta go with the hevaier stuff, and my gut shows it
frown.gif

Don't usually get down with cheap beer, but when I do it's Wisconsin all the way. Miller High Life, Genuine Draft, or Lite. Also Pabst, Old Style, or Blatz. I hate Anheuser Busch.

Have to say that people that think they're getting a bargain with cheap beer are losing out. Yeah, it's cheaper. But you end up drinking close to a case to get drunk. I stick with microbrews, which usually only takes less than a six pack to get there. And it also tastes better. And makes for less of a hangover. Macrobrew is so 1980's. Start supporting local business and drink microbrew! It's our patriotic duty!

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl

Miller Lite is a good one. It is one of the better tasting cheap beers.

Pretty much agree.

Originally Posted By: AcuraTech
Don't usually get down with cheap beer, but when I do it's Wisconsin all the way. Miller High Life, Genuine Draft, or Lite. Also Pabst, Old Style, or Blatz. I hate Anheuser Busch.

Miller is South African owned, so Anheuser Bush is more in favor with me.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Originally Posted By: AcuraTech

Miller is South African owned, so Anheuser Bush is more in favor with me.

Oh yes, I'm very aware that Miller is owned by SAB. But the way I see it is at least I'm supporting people working at the brewery in Milwaukee. Out of every 100 cases of beer I buy, probably 2 are Miller. The rest are micros. But when I do drink macros, its Wisconsin Made all the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back