Help! Car gone crazy~

Status
Not open for further replies.
just barely pumped my car to full tank and drove home. After starting it up again, the car starts to shake violently, it felt like an earthquake in the car. Also when i turn the ignition to II, i was able to hear like a water sloshing sound. Whats happening? I waited about 20 minutes to start it up again and now it does not shake anymore.

The canister is a charcoal filled can to hold only the excess fuel vapors when filling the tank. A valve opens when you start the engine to suck the vapors into the engine. If gasoline gets into the canister then you will suck too much fuel into the engine. Some people insist on keep clicking the pump nozzle until the gas is within inches of running over. It sounds like you are not one of those so maybe you got a slug of water in the fuel system. Ed

What you are describing sounds like the exact same thing people were describing in that news story about sewage seeping into gas containers at a gas station. It sounds like you got water with your gas. Go to a different station and fill up.

Run a bottle or two of HEET in your tank. It will allow the water to mix with gas so your engine will burn it.

I've had that same problem lately when gassing up in west Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back