Car cranks but no start; fuel issue

2007 Chrysler Pacifica 4.0, 145K. Was driving wife and kid last night to town trunk or treat and three blocks from home it just died. Wouldn't restart. Came close but wouldn't start. No codes.

Changed out crankshaft position sensor and nothing different. So I pushed it the three blocks home and sprayed starter fluid in throttle body. Started and ran until that fuel was used up. Moved around relays and fuses and nothing has changed. I can hear fuel pump turn on when key is turned. Fuel pumps (2; saddle system) were updated over the summer with new Delphi parts.

So I have to figure out what is preventing fuel from getting to engine. Worth mentioning, one of the several issues this car had this year was a starting issue that was remedied with a new Dorman ignition switch behind the key. It's been in service less than three months. Is it possible it's failing and not getting right intel to computer or fuel pump?

Something else?

If it ran with starting fluid, you're not getting gas into the cylinders. Either the pump isn't delivering to the injectors, or the injectors aren't firing. Put a pressure gauge to the system and power the pump directly to see what's going on.

So I tried a different relay and fuse for the fuel pump the night it happened and nothing changed the outcome. When I get home tonight I will see if there's anything specific to injectors that might be the culprit. Again, I can hear the pump turning on when I first move the key to Accessory.

Back