Republic Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any experience with these, or know where they're made? I understand them to be a Goodyear product, but to me is sounds like something they might outsource to China. My searching on this forum and on the internet has come up unconclusive. Does anyone know?

I just had a pair put on my Mazda B3000 at the dealer. They said that it was a generic Goodyear tire rated at 60000 mile wear. Don't know where it is made though, but the design looked similar to the Firestones that I took off and they were good tires. However they were more expensive than Goodyear tires that I could get from Sam's club.

Get the DOT code off of one of the "Republic" tires, and figure out where the plant is located... and just don't assume that it "might" be built overseas.

It states country of origin on sidewall . I even sell some of these rags occasionally, just never cared what rat-hole they rolled out of. Customers who buy this grade of quality could care less also,,,long as they are CHEAP!!!

Bob

Originally Posted By: alreadygone
Customers who buy this grade of quality could care less also,,,long as they are CHEAP!!!

Before I bought my Silverado, I used to drive an '87 Monte Carlo with a 305 V8. About the time it had 240,000 miles on it, winter was coming and it needed tires...BAD.

Had Wal-Mart put a set of the Douglas Xtra-Tracs on it. They were about $30 a tire + mount/bal/stem/taxes. I was out the door for less than $200. I didn't care what it was or who made it, just as long as it was cheap and had lots of tread. And actually, they weren't that bad. For what I paid, I thought they performed quite well.

That new set of tires increased the value of the car by about 30%...
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back