Valvoline Prem. Conventional vs. Mobil Clean 5000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please give opinions on Valvoline Premium Conventional 10W-30 and Mobil Clean 5000 10W-30. I would like to know what other people's experiences have been and which of these two motor oils they prefer. Thanks in advance for all responses.

Quote:

Both are fine oils. I'd use whichever is cheaper. Around here that's usually the Mobil, but if there was a deal on the Valvoline I'd jump on that too.

I agree with you. Neither one is better than the other, go by price.

Probably because he just likes Valvoline. I do too. My Voyager's seen a pretty steady diet of the stuff. But I'm also a pragmatist and realize that personal biases are just that- personal. There isn't THAT much different between the two, and both will protect your engine very well. So if you don't have a personal preference, buy whatever is cheapest and drive knowing you are using a great oil.

Doesn't the Mobil show high sodium in the UOAs?

While that's not necessarily a bad thing or a good thing in and of itself, it could make it harder to interpret a UOA.

I just changed my oil the other day and I switched from Castrol GTX to Valvoline Prem 5W-20.I'll let you know at the end of my OCI which is 3K.I also want to try Mobil Clean 5000.Joe
whistle.gif

I haven't used Valvoline's repackaged 'premium' conventional to comment on it, but my experience with Mobil Clean puts it at the bottom of the name brand conventional heap, compared to competitive products from Chevron, SOPUS, Citgo, and Castrol.

This is merely opinion post on my part, I did no UOA or teardown.

I'm sucker for red, white, and blue Valvoline bottles!...Always have been...Always will be...Have used the red, white, and blue bottle for years with no problems
patriot.gif
...worked at a Qwik lube joint that sold Mobil Clean bulk oil as the house oil...saw a couple of full-size taxi vans with over 600000 on original engine running the 5w30 with 6000 mile oci's...now they were on there second or third tranny but the original 318 or 360 was in place and running strong...Doesn't it feel good to know that there is no wrong answer when choosing an oil as long as you get the spec your owner's manual recommends?...That's the problem it is hard to for us to believe there is no wrong answer...on that logic pick the one that leaps out at you!...
banana.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back