zombie ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow.. i was looking for the joke.. i will buy some just for the novelty of the box..

Last edited:
I saw that awhile ago. Too expensive to shoot, but cool to have just for the box. That's the thing I guess, you buy it for when the zombies come. Therefore it's a collector's item!

I was curious if the boxes were designed for long term storage. The primers sealed and all that military stuff that is based on long term stockpiling.
Perhaps even the canisters that are zinc plated (Think former com-bloc surplus ammo)

It would be interesting to have premium ammunition, soft point, hollow points(those Critical Defense hollow points with a little rubber inserts), but designed for long, long... long term storage.

I was looking at picking some up because despite how silly it sounds, the bullets those rounds use have one of the best ballistic coefficients of all the hornady. 308s.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
I was looking at picking some up because despite how silly it sounds, the bullets those rounds use have one of the best ballistic coefficients of all the hornady. 308s.

The .308 Z Max is the same thing as their .308 A Max, but with a green ballistic tip instead of red.

Conversely, all the handgun rounds are from the Critical Defense line and the 30-30 is a LeverEvolution round.

Originally Posted By: MrHorspwer

The .308 Z Max is the same thing as their .308 A Max, but with a green ballistic tip instead of red.

Conversely, all the handgun rounds are from the Critical Defense line and the 30-30 is a LeverEvolution round.

That's what I thought, but the Z-max is cheaper around here largely due - I think - to the silliness factor. I personally dont care which color the tip is.

That's what I thought, but the Z-max is cheaper around here largely due - I think - to the silliness factor. I personally dont care which color the tip is.

Really? It's just the opposite here. I can't find a box of Z-Max in any variety. I spent last Friday visiting a couple local gun stores and all the sports shops. Nada.

I'll never but this ammo. The cost is twice the price for regular ammo with the standard packaging.

I thought this was a special ammo that was priced lower for the avgerage consumer to let them shoot more. With the prices I've seen it'll make me shoot less instead.

Durango

Really? It's just the opposite here. I can't find a box of Z-Max in any variety. I spent last Friday visiting a couple local gun stores and all the sports shops. Nada.

At the gun stores, it's about the same price. Maybe higher, I'm not sure. However, I'm talking about gun shows. The ammo guys seem to have bought cases of it thinking all the Tacti-cool nuts would tear it up at a high price, but they want something - I don't know - blacker, I guess, so it has to go. Anyway, it was a few dollars cheaper per box than the A-Max. If they still have some this Saturday, I'll probably get a box or three.

I haven't seen this ammo yet out here in California yet but from what I've heard it's price per box is a joke. Unless I see and examine a box myself it appears it's nothing special as it's just steel cased ammo. Besides that for zombie shooting any bullet will do!!!!

I bought some as a joke for use in a Sig P229 I recently traded; the handgun ammo looks suspiciously like their FTX rounds but with the green polymer instead of red; when I fired the ammo it seemed hotter than other 165gr defense loads available

Getting on the "2012 Apocalypse" wagon early.
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back