YouTube Mechanics

It looks like he just moved, found this while I was bouncing around the net

He's back up and posting, although I haven't had time to watch any of the vids yet.

I thought I remembered way back when they first started growing the channel that Richard had said something along the lines that he was building the business for Trent to take over one day. I'm guessing that Trent might have owned part of Precision Transmission, so when they had whatever falling out it was, Richard just packed it up and cut the ties from Trent and to do that, had to close the PT business down and start over.

Just a guess on my part.

Sucks for families to split like that, but personally, I like Richard better, so I hope his channel takes off.

The shop building was likely Leased, Looks to be on a main drag in Abilene which would fetch $4-5,000 a month if not higher? Have a collogue paying $8,000 a month for a shop 4 blocks off a major highway but buried in a industrial zone in a really bad part of Fort Worth.

I've found rarely does good/desirable commercial/industrial properties come up for outright sale.

The shop building was likely Leased, Looks to be on a main drag in Abilene which would fetch $4-5,000 a month if not higher? Have a collogue paying $8,000 a month for a shop 4 blocks off a major highway but buried in a industrial zone in a really bad part of Fort Worth.

I've found rarely does good/desirable commercial/industrial properties come up for outright sale.
Good point, could well be that as well.

Although he seems to have abandoned the name somewhat, which is what made me think he was getting out from under some split ownership thing.

--Edit--

Did some looking, it's his name on that building, and past due on property tax, so who knows? All we have is internet speculation, not that it really matters in the end.

I will say if you want to be a YouTuber and keep your anonymity, good luck. AVE is the only one I've never seen tracked down, although his general area is known.

Last edited:
Although he seems to have abandoned the name somewhat, which is what made me think he was getting out from under some split ownership thing.
Thanks to the poster above I re-found his channel. I was watching some of the first minute long videos when he’s setting up the new shop and he has a couple of the “Precision Transmission” signs up on the wall. I think (but could be wrong) just the YouTube channel name was changed. And it’s a mouthful. He messes up saying it sometimes 😆, but I’m glad he’s back.

Good point, could well be that as well.

--Edit--

Did some looking, it's his name on that building, and past due on property tax, so who knows? All we have is internet speculation, not that it really matters in the end.

I will say if you want to be a YouTuber and keep your anonymity, good luck. AVE is the only one I've never seen tracked down, although his general area is known.

Thanks, I wish him luck! And as you say it's all speculation.

I will say it seemed like he had a good thing going, Domestic trucks are gravy as gravy gets & people spend the money to fix them!

Thanks, I wish him luck! And as you say it's all speculation.

I will say it seemed like he had a good thing going, Domestic trucks are gravy as gravy gets & people spend the money to fix them!
As an amusing aside. I went over to the old PT channel and ALL of the comments on the videos have been disabled, so the kid really doesn't want people plugging his dad's new channel, which was probably happening.

Sad, but amusing that he's so butthurt.

Yeah got like how all the unknowing hype up and praise some of the mechanic hacks on the youtube. So many times it just hurts watching some of the stuff, and would like to point how what your not doing correctly. The ones praising them either don't know, or do the same stuff.
They are teaching a lot of improper methods to many.

Anyone ever watch the women mechanics?
Faye Hadley did a few good Toyota maintenance vids early on and her Supra engine rebuild gets really down in the weeds with her machinist friend/mentor Danny Soliz.
Unfortunately output has been sporadic for awhile.
I also find Sarah-n-Tuned interesting and entertaining.
The most valuable YouTube mechanics for me have been:
Car Care Nut
Toyota Maintenance
Timmy the Toolman

No EricTheCarGuy? I realize he's no longer making videos but most, if not all his videos are extremely informative and he stresses doing things the right way and using OE parts where due. To me, he's the Honda/Acura version of Fordtechmakuloco.
Eric seems to slowly be restarting, but i am a bit turned off from the drama he talks about.

Rainman Ray is by far my favorite, I can tell he is a big time nerd, like myself. He does cut corners, but watching him grow professionally from working for someone else to running and slowly upgrading his operation has me continually rooting for him.

Wrenching with Kenny is probably my latest favorite, he seems extremely down to earth and gives very good practical advice.

For sheer dry humor, Watch Wes Work is hard to beat these days
Pine Hollow Auto Diagnostic and DiagnoseDan made me buy my first Autel
That's my story and I'm sticking to it 🫣
I can't stand ScannerDanner, I don't know if it's the accent or the turn of phrase, but he's like nails on a chalkboard (superb skills tho)

All YouTube mechanics should own one thing in particular
1689903223582.jpg

Rainman Ray I quit watching when I realized it isn't about the customer it's about him making a killing. The video I watched he had a vehicle in for CV boots and he had a vacation due but with several wrong shafts he handed it off to someone else after he took apart. A tech should know if just leaking, clean ends and replace boots not whole shafts, especially aftermarket shafts for a German vehicle. He shows me what is wrong with shops today and when he gets criticized for this, his response is leave if you don't like it.

Sreten Milisavljevic is a Serbian national
He immigrated to Germany, but spent a few years in California

I salute his attention to detail and patience, I could never 😔
Thanks for the full rundown. The red hair makes sense if he's from Serbia. Not many Germans with red hair. The time he spent in California would explain his American way of talking with a slight European accent. He seems to have a very high quality work ethic.

Back