Your favorite washer fluid

Just picked up some distilled water to mix a new batch of the Kristall Klar...great stuff...smells good...not AS good as the VW factory stuff though ;)

It's the closest I have found to be honest and I have been searching since my 2003 Golf. The soapy texture is right on point though with factory fluid.

That’s what I use year round and never noticed any chatter.

Odd. I only have noticed this on my Tacoma's. My 2009 and 2021 would chatter something fierce after several months of using it. I don't remember the green bug stuff doing it as bad, but we haven't had a bad bug season in almost 3 years so I haven't bought it. Kinda concerning actually... :oops:

Other than blue-colored liquid non freezing down to -20F, purple to -25F, and rain-x down to -30F, is there any other tangible difference between them?

IMG_5674.jpeg

Sometimes the premium brands have more cleaning "stuff" in them sulfactants?

I like the -54f from Canada.. esp when some dip is tailgating me while I'm going 10mph over in the fast lane with people right in front of me.
The subaru has 6 squirts. (3-2hole squirters)
the -20f will freeze at about 20F in the morning if you are moving.

I'm onto the SuperTech "all season" fluid now which is good to 0....all I need here. Maybe we can have an all season vs. winter argument like happens with tires.

I'm onto the SuperTech "all season" fluid now which is good to 0....all I need here. Maybe we can have an all season vs. winter argument like happens with tires.

Other then the freezing temperature is there any other tangible difference between the products? Is Super Tech a gimped version of a “real” brand like Rain-X or Prestone?

Other then the freezing temperature is there any other tangible difference between the products? Is Super Tech a gimped version of a “real” brand like Rain-X or Prestone?
It's all "blue" to me....I see no difference and I don't run the RainX stuff because in my VWs it can foul the sensor in the tank.

It's all "blue" to me....I see no difference and I don't run the RainX stuff because in my VWs it can foul the sensor in the tank.

Does the German(?) something-klar that you use in one of your people’s cars does, for what it is worth, a bette job vs Super Tech (what a name, lmao)in your other people’s automobiles?

Does the German(?) something-klar that you use in one of your people’s cars does, for what it is worth, a bette job vs Super Tech (what a name, lmao)in your other people’s automobiles?
I like the Kristalklar stuff...but it's summer only so no good below freezing. For winter, basic ST blue works just fine for me.

I like the Kristalklar stuff...but it's summer only so no good below freezing. For winter, basic ST blue works just fine for me.

Gotcha. During the summer, do you notice Kristalklar do a better job vs super tech, or is it puh·TAY·toy vs puh·TA·to — to your eyes?

I add a few drops of P21S to the Walmart blue washer fluid....The P21S really adds some cleaning power to the fluid...

Back