your dream garage

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would your dream garage be like? I'm not talking about vehicles, I'm talking about the setup, tools, etc.

I guess it'd have to start with a lift, some low-profile hydraulic jacks, air compressor, lots of overhead lighting, every size socket known to man, a bunch of ratchets and torque wrenches. What other stuff would you have? Welding equipment? A whole machine shop?
smile.gif
(we're dreaming so eat yer heart out)

I have most everything at work/in my shop I need but my "dream shop" would have a full time maid to clean up after me, organize my tools, get what I need, bring me drinks, get lunch etc...
smile.gif

P.S. Living in Fl all my life an air conditioned shop with white epoxy floors has always been a fantasy.

Last edited:
I built it when we built our current home.

It's a 36 X 36 detached steel building that houses my tractors, lawn equipment, etc. I have a KwikLift vehicle lift, welder, full range of tools, 12' workbench, elevated storage, air compressor, engine lift, parts washer, sandblasting cabinet, and all the storage I need. It's insulated and heated so in the winter I can go out and get away for a while if I want.

My favorite feature is the epoxy coated floor. I can sit on the floor and work on a tractor or mower and not get dirty, and if something spills it wipes up with a paper towel.

Definitely a lift,which is going to be the very first thing that`s installed when I finally own my own home (instead of renting). Oh,and definitely climate controlled :^)

Last edited:
my dream garage must have a bench table saw with extended fence for ripping MDFs for building speaker boxes, a work bench for all kinds of auto/audio related work, an English made Record bench vice,etc.

don't care too much about the rest so long as it's dry/sheltered from rain and cold so that I can work on repairs/projects while staying comfy and dry.

Q.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Definitely a lift,which is going to be the very first thing that`s installed when I finally own my own home (instead of renting). Oh,and definitely climate controlled :^)

Most residential garage cannot accomodate a lift. If you really want a lift, you have to look for a garage with a high ceiling. Very few homes have this

Originally Posted By: MrHorspwer
Two words: Floor drain

Add this to my list to!

Originally Posted By: MrHorspwer
Two words: Floor drain

Screw that, I want radiant heat!

My concrete is only damp because it's cold and the dreary late winter/early spring snow melty foggy weather is humid. A little climate controlling would fix that right up.

How about this:

cleanshop.jpg

This is where I work. I have a person who literally hovers near me and cleans up spills as soon as they happen. When I am working on time-critical projects I have people who will bring me food, coffee, etc. I think those were a couple of people's 'wants'.

We specifically went with the in-ground hydraulic lifts because you can access all of the undercarriage yet still get in and out of the doors.

Drooling at Scott's garage....

Mine would have a lift, a sizable compressor, a selection of air tools, lots more ratcheting wrenches, lots of lights, the epoxy floor, engine/transmission jacks/stands, and lots of floor-level cabinets for tool storage and a large workbench.

A lift, a compressor, and a tire-balancing machine.

It would be sooo nice just to be able even to do tires on my cars on my own, w/o having to deal with the 'fuss' of tire shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back