Yo-Yo day

Taking the son to school, started getting a buzzing noise in the dashboard of my new-ish car. Great, another reminder that I didn't buy the car I wanted in the first place.

Get to work, get an email from the wife that the check got through to the car loan provider, finally, after an interminable period of time. Good, about time. By the time I got around to responding to that, I get a text from her--she had taken the elderly dog to vet, and... she didn't think we'd (as a family) get to say goodbye. Before I could respond, I get another text--she's gone. Now I feel like a jerk for not being around, I would have taken the day off.

Lunchtime, I call on the loan, as I figured I still owed $10-20. Nope, somehow I calculated the exact payoff amount required. [No small feat when they compound daily.] Score! End of the day, chatted with a coworker... who's retiring in a month. Commiserated about work, and was reminded... I still have twenty more years to go.

Driving home with the son, darn buzzing noise came back. Great. While tapping around, I finally found it: I had added one of those little key chain tags, the one with a small metal ring and paper, that you can write on. Not sure why I added, other than I could. Turns out, that one small thing could buzz. Problem fixed. Later on, as the heat died down, I got my bicycle ride in. Got buzzed by a car.

First world problems I know.

But it is weird to not have the furry mongrel around. It was time, she had a good life, but was a pain in the rear (separation anxiety). Always said I would miss her when she was gone--but not until then. Wasn't even my dog, but something doesn't live under your roof for 14 years without some level of attachment, I guess. I think I'm taking it worse than my wife, maybe she got her closure in already. So strange when a pet passes, no matter how quiet they are, it's like there's a hole where they ought to be.

You had a great friend for 14 years. I'm sure she wanted for nothing and had a great life!
As long as my wife was around, she was happy. She wasn't when the wife wasn't, and I paid dearly at times it seemed.

On the flip side, the care my wife gave to the dog... maybe I'll get similar care too.

I had a rotten day this week. Everything broke in the house so I took a ride and got bad gas. Geez.
But a pet loss...no I feel for you and I am done with pets. I can't stomach it anymore and now I don't have any as I'm not so sure I can outlive them.
My avatar girl died several years ago and it's still tough.

Keep your chin up and much luck to you. It hurts I know.

Keep your chin up and much luck to you. It hurts I know.
Thanks. I'm doing ok, shed a couple of tears and will move on, she was starting to suffer and the spark of life was gone, so it was truly time. The vet, trainer and others all considered her to be a rescue dog, so she did get a quality of life that she would not have had in a shelter, much less from where she had been.

Thanks. I'm doing ok, shed a couple of tears and will move on, she was starting to suffer and the spark of life was gone, so it was truly time. The vet, trainer and others all considered her to be a rescue dog, so she did get a quality of life that she would not have had in a shelter, much less from where she had been.
Same in my situation.
Life just throws you curve balls all the time... I guess we both treat our animals like people and the loss is just as bad...
A great dog is hard to find...

I think you have the correct way of dealing with it though.
Dog people here get it...we all do. It's good to be around others that understand...
People here have helped me as well. But I don't like those days..the worst days you can have...

Sorry to hear. I miss all my pets that are gone. I hope there all together in a big park in the sky.

Tomorrow will be better.

Back