Wynns Universal Cooling System Treatment

money grab.
it was typically bundled with aftermarket lubricated warranties sold at used car lots.

The shop that I work at used to carry BG products, and now we are carrying Wynn's. I'm sure there was a better deal on the backend for corporate. But I was just looking at some of the products that we are selling and trying to see what they actually are. I did see that the fuel tank additive we carry has a decent amount of PEA so it looks like a quality product. As far as the coolant additive, I would think that with all of that specialized different types of coolant that manufacturers are using, they would probably be about as good as they could be and not require any additive. Maybe it just makes people feel better to know they have an "extra level of protection".

Off subject, but back to the BG. With the power steering service, we carried both red and clear and I was told by our BG rep that it's the same exact fluid except that one is dyed red so it goes along with the manufacturer fluid color. Good to know I guess. I own all Chrysler vehicles so it's always ATF+4 in everything for the most part from trans, transfer case, and p/s. I can tell you that the Wynn's P/S fluid smells different than the BG fluid. I really don't know what that means? But just an observation.

Back