Would you upgrade to windows 8 for $15?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, as someone who's actually using it (and paid the $15.00, didn't steal it from the internet), I'm glad I made the switch. I had everything cloned to another drive, so if I had any issues I figured I'd just go back, then reinstall W7.

I have a couple of specialty programs about which I had concerns and they work just fine on 8. I'm not all that knowledgeable on computer stuff, but I know Fluent runs fine on W8...

As far as the interface, it's new--so I'm not surprised there's so much aversion to it. You actually have to relearn some stuff. Overall though, it's slightly faster in actual use once you get just a little used to in; in time, as I get more familiar with the shortcuts and gestures, it'll probably be much faster. I don't actually miss the start menu at all.

As far as the technical stuff about it running faster or being more secure, I'll leave that one to the computer geeks. I do know that my boot times have actually increased slightly, from 15-17 seconds consistently to 17-20 on W8. I know, first-world problems... This is from a clean install on W7 to the "upgrade version" of W8, so maybe that's it? Now that I've decided I like it, I'll probably clone this drive, then do a clean install at some point--or not.

Overall, I'm impressed and I'm glad I made the switch. I won't be going back, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back