Would you go 10,000km/6,200mi on Durablend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 bottles of 10w30 durablend and a bottle of 10w40 durablend.
How far has anyone gone on the stuff and would I get away with just over 6,000 miles? Its about 30% synthetic so I guess it should hold up
I want to change my oil every 10k KM (210k, 220k and so on)
I went 25k on cheap dino before (yikes) and it still runs fine but still I want to look after it

I'll give it a shot! Recommended OCI is 15k with 10w30 or 40 but theres no way I'm going 15k intervals for the long term cause I'll probably own this car for a long time and want it to keep running good.
It still uses zero oil no matter what grade so no make up oil will be added so there will be no TBN/additive boosts. UOAs on Valvoline normally show low TBNs but still excellent wear numbers in a healthy engine

I read all the time on this board about 5,000 mile OCI's and also some manufacturers are suggesting 7,500 mile OCI'S as the regular interval on newer cars. (and not specifying it must be synthetic) Also, board members showing UOA's of 10,000-12,000 15,000 miles on some full synthetics.. your using a semi-synthetic ? Im no expert, but Id think youd be fine. I do 7,500 mile full synthetic intervals on my cars and I know im changing them early (I just do it once a year and like the multi season cold start protection).

Last edited:
Unless your driving conditions are severe, 10,000km will be far under utilizing this oil. I go about 13,000km on conventional oil under mixed driving conditions. Been doing this for 20 years with no problems.

In an AU Falcon, yep, no problems at all. Big sump capacity, low revving, low tech engine. Back in the day, they did 15,000km intervals on whatever the dealers poured into them, and I'd hope Durablend is better than the stuff we used 15 years ago!

Originally Posted By: hpb
In an AU Falcon, yep, no problems at all. Big sump capacity, low revving, low tech engine. Back in the day, they did 15,000km intervals on whatever the dealers poured into them, and I'd hope Durablend is better than the stuff we used 15 years ago!

Yep on my service history (only up to 101k) it had a few 21k+ intervals! I let it go 25k once too
frown.gif
no dramas so far so I'm not worrying.
Also Yes they are very low revving but I sometimes accidentally take to 5,000 rpm and beyond, hope this doesn't damage anything haha

My main concern is that many Valvoline oils shear to a lower weight quite easily. They still show good wear results but I don't want a 20 weight in my engine that requires a 30-50 weight

Originally Posted By: 19jacobob93
My main concern is that many Valvoline oils shear to a lower weight quite easily. They still show good wear results but I don't want a 20 weight in my engine that requires a 30-50 weight

If thats the case, then I would do in-service UOA's (i.e. use a dipstick pump to take a small sample, and get it analysed). This way you can see when the oil standards going out of weight, and you can change it before it starts causing trouble.

The question in the thread title is asking if I - meaning me - would go 6200 miles on Valvoline Durablend. The Answer: a big emphatic NO.
shocked.gif

Well I just bought 3 more bottles of DB 10w30 in a clearance sale! Haha
I'm the same I don't care if it still works I just dont like pulling my dipstick out and seeing really dark oil
I normally change it around 5-9k KM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back