World Economic Collapse is imminent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Astro14
The folks predicting economic conditions and telling you what to do with your investments would have more credibility if they actually had investments of their own...reading some of the posts in this thread is like listening to car advice from someone that's never owned a car...

Exactly. People with no savings haven't had financial success themselves, but somehow feel they have the authority to manage ours? That's amazing.

If they were so confident in the upcoming collapse, they'd happily define terms, so we can revisit this later on and see how things went. I'm still waiting to hear what market condition will reduce my retirement savings to zero without the possibility of recovery.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
Originally Posted By: Astro14
The folks predicting economic conditions and telling you what to do with your investments would have more credibility if they actually had investments of their own...reading some of the posts in this thread is like listening to car advice from someone that's never owned a car...

Exactly. People with no savings haven't had financial success themselves, but somehow feel they have the authority to manage ours? That's amazing.

Half the people who make a living investing other peoples' money hardly know how to read the market or have a crystal ball.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Half the people who make a living investing other peoples' money hardly know how to read the market or have a crystal ball.

I'm not sure about half, but I'll agree that there are many unqualified "financial advisors". The worst of the bunch work on commission and are only looking out for themselves.

If someone is seeking financial advice, please look into the advisor's credentials, and make certain you're paying them a flat fee.

I'll stick with my low-cost index funds, and buying the occasional stocks when I see an opportunity.

Anyone look at the Dow today?
Pretty bad huh?
I don't think I can survive many more days like this.
How about you ?

I couldnt say exactly what would go up and what would go down, besides silver and gold, they would relatively hold their true value... Maybe some volatility for awhile, but it is always a good bet.

Dallas69, this is only the start of the market crash, and like i said, it will be in a state of extreme volatility. It might go up alot in the next week or two, only to dive again.

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
Anyone look at the Dow today?
Pretty bad huh?
I don't think I can survive many more days like this.
How about you ?

I don't pay much attention to the day-to-day markets, as I won't need to access my retirement funds for years. I am pleased to see that the stock I bought during Monday's panic is doing well. That's in a retirement account, and it'll remain there.

What's amazing is the people who aren't successful themselves are handing out unsolicited financial advice. Info Wars rots your brain and is harmful to your happiness and general well-being.

Even after the crash of 1929-30, investors broke even after 4.5 years. If any of the conspiracy folks would care to explain the market condition that will permanently eliminate my entire account, I'll gladly consider it.

Gold was down today while the rest of the markets were up. Hopefully nobody traded their equities for gold after Monday's mess and doubled up on losses.

Originally Posted By: zpinch
I couldnt say exactly what would go up and what would go down, besides silver and gold, they would relatively hold their true value... Maybe some volatility for awhile, but it is always a good bet.

Gold is always a good bet? Let's look at the 5-year chart. Zpinch, when did you buy yours?

rjpoub.jpg

At $500...

Also, what the [censored] is infowars?... Alex Jones is a NWO shill, stay away from him.

Really?

When did you buy it at that price?

And how much did you buy?

In the meantime, have you been watching the market today?

At $500...

Also, what the [censored] is infowars?... Alex Jones is a NWO shill, stay away from him.

I don't believe that you own any gold, just like the other poster who doesn't own equities, but somehow feels qualified to manage mine.

So, was gold a sure bet in 2012, 2013, 2014? Equities were up all of those years, while gold plummeted. Nobody knows what it'll do next, so claiming something is always a sure bet is advice I'd expect to see from someone selling timeshares.

Info Wars is where most of your type gets their conspiracy theories.

Assuming that you still believe my equities will be permanently worth zero in the near future, please explain what market condition will cause that. I'd really like to be able to discuss this annually to see how my diversified investments are holding up compared to your gold.

Gold hasn't been at $500 since 2005...so, I find his story...less than believeable...

In the meantime, if a person got out of the market two days ago, they've missed out on the two best days of positive returns in a decade.

Why would I tell you how much I have? lol

Yes 2005, very good.

If you would read what wrote earlier about why your retirement might be worth nothing, then you would know.

The DOLLAR MIGHT COLLAPSE to a level representative of the true value that it is after all these decades of being pumped up. It is a massive bubble.

Why would I tell you how much I have? lol

Yes 2005, very good.

If you would read what wrote earlier about why your retirement might be worth nothing, then you would know.

The DOLLAR MIGHT COLLAPSE to a level representative of the true value that it is after all these decades of being pumped up. It is a massive bubble.

MIGHT collapse?

Or IMMINENT collapse?

These are two very different predictions...and I'm just wondering if I need to stock up on ammo...

Last edited:

Gold is always a good bet? Let's look at the 5-year chart. Zpinch, when did you buy yours?

rjpoub.jpg

You're using a five year chart to paint your narrative. Over the ten year period gold started at $450 and ended up at $1100. The DOW started at 10,500 and ended at 16,500. Gold performed well if you bought cheap. Not so much if you bought at the top. No different from any other investment.

Originally Posted By: hatt

rjpoub.jpg

You're using a five year chart to paint your narrative. Over the ten year period gold started at $450 and ended up at $1100. The DOW started at 10,500 and ended at 16,500. Gold performed well if you bought cheap. Not so much if you bought at the top. No different from any other investment.

Exactly! He's selling it as "always a sure bet" and I'm proving otherwise. I'm glad you get it.

True...but much of the DOW pays dividends...reinvest them, and stocks have done better than the pure number suggests.

This is an important point: Gold loses value, too. Just depends on the time frame...

Over a twenty year period: Gold $400 to $1100. DOW 5000 to 16500. Both are good investments. When the DOW is going down your gold will be going up. When the DOW is going up your gold will be going down.

Indeed...

If you happened to notice this post: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3833512/Re:_Retirement_planning-_where#Post3833512

I do own a gold/precious metals fund...it's a small hedge...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back