Women's World Cup: Does anyone care?

Status
Not open for further replies.
USA WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'VE NEVER BEEN SO EXCITED WHEN WATCHING WOMEN SPORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Pablo,

I said anything can and will happen in a World Cup match. Brazil own goal, we scored very late in overtime and perfect penalty kick out is what we need to defeat the favorite.

On paper, we're no match to Brazil team but with luck we're in and they went home.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Pablo,

I said anything can and will happen in a World Cup match. Brazil own goal, we scored very late in overtime and perfect penalty kick out is what we need to defeat the favorite.

On paper, we're no match to Brazil team but with luck we're in and they went home.

+++++++++++++++++++++++1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On paper, Brazil has no trophies. On paper, Brazil has a lopsided record against the United States.

Brazil has more individual talent than anyone in the world, but they continually show why 'on paper' they can't seem to make all of that talent add up to trophies.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Pablo,

I just NOW climbed down from the ceiling!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!! GO USA!!!

Quote:
Because we have been playing like slugs. And our defense is too porous, and our forwards too slow. Yes we can win, IF we step up our game. But I've seen us try and it's not there. I hope I'm very, very wrong!

Actually on paper we were well matched - my pessimism was based on our flat play. But setting the terrible reffing behind us - we stepped up BIG TIME. I love it. I'm watching the Sounders game right now, later I will find the replay videos. So stoked.

Was watching it at home before leaving for work and there was a couple of minutes left in OT. Too me the refs were too much involved in the game and put the US in a bind. Later I looked on Yahoo and couldn't believe it that the US had won. Luckily the son has the thing recorded on the DVR so I can go home tonight and watch the replay. Too bad I already know how it ends though.

Originally Posted By: 65cuda
Too bad I already know how it ends though.

It doesn't diminish the moment. An absolutely amazing cross for the finish.

Originally Posted By: 65cuda
I know but the drama of not knowing and then watching it live makes the whole experience the best.

I've had many games ruined for me, so I know what you mean. But every once in a while a game so unbelievable happens that, even though you know what happens, you still don't believe it happens.

This is one of them.

Does anyone know when it will be shown again in it's entirety?

I will watch it again in a heart beat. It was a pretty action packed game, even with the cornball show put on by the shameless Brazilian acting. I've not seen too many clowns non-soccer folks who saw this game saying women's soccer or soccer in general is boring. In fact, more than one who were converted by a single game - a women's game of all things!

It was cool to see Seattle beat Portland shortly after.
banana2.gif
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Does anyone know when it will be shown again in it's entirety?

I will watch it again in a heart beat. It was a pretty action packed game, even with the cornball show put on by the shameless Brazilian acting. I've not seen too many clowns non-soccer folks who saw this game saying women's soccer or soccer in general is boring. In fact, more than one who were converted by a single game - a women's game of all things!

It was cool to see Seattle beat Portland shortly after.
banana2.gif
grin2.gif

http://www.espn3.com They show live and reply all the games.

Originally Posted By: Popinski

http://www.espn3.com They show live and reply all the games.

ESPN3 is amazing, but their business model is annoying, because instead of selling the service direct, they sell it through you ISP.

If you ISP gets it, it is a great deal, but if you otherwise like your ISP (or have little choice) and they don't have a deal with ESPN3 then you miss out on some really good content.

We've talked some in this thread on broadcasting, and this is the kind of [censored] that is holding sports (of all kinds) back. Too many proprietary deals, antiquated blackout rules, and impossible to purchase packages chase away fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back