Women's World Cup: Does anyone care?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am watching Germany vs. Canada. I am not a fan of Women sports but I thought I would give Women's World Cup a try. Despite the players moving like jello, constant unintentional self-tripping, falling and unable to recover; slower-moving ball and players, delayed goalie reactions, extremely lenient refereeing, and long ponytails hindering their performance(except Germany), I think the game is very exciting!! I look forward to watching the other games and of course I want USA to win. I can't wait to watch USA vs their biggest political rivalry, North Korea.

BTW: These Germans are deadly; they're kicking Canada's behind.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Popinski
Despite the players moving like jello, constant unintentional self-tripping, falling and unable to recover; slower-moving ball and players, delayed goalie reactions, extremely lenient refereeing, and long ponytails hindering their performance(except Germany), I think the game is very exciting!!

But, other than these minor details...

lol.gif

I am watching Germany vs. Canada. I am not a fan of Women sports but I thought I would give Women's World Cup a try. Despite the players moving like jello, constant unintentional self-tripping, falling and unable to recover; slower-moving ball and players, delayed goalie reactions, extremely lenient refereeing, and long ponytails hindering their performance(except Germany), I think the game is very exciting!! I look forward to watching the other games and of course I want USA to win. I can't wait to watch USA vs their biggest political rivalry, North Korea.

Mmmmmmmmmmm what`s there *NOT* to love?
20.gif

Don't care really. I might watch the final if it sounds interesting. Women's sports in general dont really do it for me unless its Beach Volleyball or Volleyball or um I'll think of something at some point and add it to the list.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
What the heck, I enjoy some female sports.

No, not just lingerie football.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24392612/

Women's World Cup? Heck yeah. The Germans are pretty much male.

PABLO! I wanted to say the same thing. The German female soccer team players are strangely "unfemale-like" and could probably beat many male teams .....I wonder what kind of experiments they're running over there?

As for Lingerie Football, HECK YES! Many proud fathers in the stadium hahahah

and the sportsmanship in softball? That ruins the game. Darn softies.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: brophog
I'll watch Brazil.

I think they could take most of the MLS.
smile.gif

I'm telling you, those Germans female players are not human.

Just injuries injuries injuries. That's why I treat women softly. Women's World Cup proves that the female physique is so sensitive.

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
Womens Curling is alright to watch...if you like Curling to begin with.

Maybe women are better at scrubbing floors and not kicking balls?

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
I like how we can't swear, but it's OK to be misogynistic as [censored].
Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
I like how we can't swear, but it's OK to be misogynistic as [censored].

Maybe it's because the OP is not being misogynistic. There's a reason why women sports are not popular. Even women prefer sports played by men. I'm supporting the Women's World Cup and I said I like it. Stop pulling the "sexist" card.

Anyway, England vs Mexico was a great match.

Last edited:
There's a reason why women sports are not popular.

And what would that reason be? In my case, I don't watch a lot of international women sports, but it's for the same reason I don't watch some men's sports: overall low skill level.

That's one reason the US women have a good track record in many sports, and it is the fact women's sports are more supported in the United States, traditionally, than they are in most of their competitor's countries. The disparity makes for some very boring play. Softball loses a bit of its edge if everything is run ruled in the 4th inning.

It's also why, if I'm going to watch a women's soccer team, it is Brazil. Because they have traditionally not supported their women athletes well, many of the Brazil women grew up training with men and have therefore developed remarkably keen skills not seen in other women players.

That's very important in the sport, because no sport has as much deviation in skill level as soccer does. The difference between world class play and average play is almost like watching two different games. That may be some of the reason the sport isn't more popular in the United States (and why it is beginning to steadily grow) is the lack of exposure, traditionally, to high quality play.

For my money, watching a player kick a ball 50 yards through the air, spotting it on the toe of a running player, in stride, while he catches the ball in the air on his foot........well.......that beats any 50 yard pass in American football any day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back