Women's World Cup: Does anyone care?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Popinski
Maybe women are better at scrubbing floors and not kicking balls?

How is that not sexist and offensive? And don't give me some ignorant [censored] about how women are meant to scrub floors and that's just a fact.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
Originally Posted By: Popinski
Maybe women are better at scrubbing floors and not kicking balls?

How is that not sexist and offensive? And don't give me some ignorant [censored] about how women are meant to scrub floors and that's just a fact.

Can you explain to me why that is sexist? I used to scrub my garage floor all the time. Thank you for pulling the "sexist" card and ruining the thread. And if anyone should be offended, it should be the people who like Curling because they are literally scrubbing the ice.

Last edited:
Sorry for taking the thread off topic, I just really take offense at some of the blatantly sexist stuff that gets said.

This is the 21st century, man. Get with the times.

/done

It was not intended to be sexist. You simply turned it into something sexist. You need to be careful in real life and not pull the "cards" so much.

I certainly don't .

If you are interested in women in a sport check out Wimbledon.

Real talent and some really hot looking sporty girls !
blush.gif

Originally Posted By: JoeWGauss
I certainly don't .

blush.gif

Unfortunately, majority of the Americans are already out
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: JoeWGauss

blush.gif

That's a good point. There are some sports where the women's side is more interesting, and more popular. Men's tennis, due to the sheer velocity now achieved, can get rather boring at times.

From a ratings perspective, tennis is one sport where the women do at least as good, or better, than the men do.

Women's sports generally = boring
Soccer = boring no matter the gender of the players.

Add the two and no way I watch it. Couldn't fip past it fast enough when channel surfing.

Sorry for taking the thread off topic, I just really take offense at some of the blatantly sexist stuff that gets said.

/done

greenaccord02;

I have a question seeing as you took this thread "there" needlessly. Does getting with the 21st century times mean we have to overreact to every gesture and comment and see insults and slights where none were made like you have done here? Must we support the PC Police and cause more hard feelings than are soothed? Must we too placate a small handful of people or even an individual that decide something is offensive at the expense of everyone else who sees nothing wrong?

You do realize THAT is what getting with the current times means right? You just assumed the comments about scrubbing the floors was sexist and jumped the gun. Even after it was explained that the comment was not sexist, from a man who scrubs floors himself showing YOU made an inaccurate assumption, you still won't relent. Do you not see the irony in your statements calling the other poster out for posting without thinking about what they are saying 1st. Relax a little and don't go looking for insults and trouble where none exist.
thumbsup2.gif

For the record I just cleaned my house top to bottom and it included washing windows, dusting, vaccuming, and yes getting down on my hands and knees and scrubbing the kitchen floor and the 2 bathroom floors. If I could have got a woman to do it I would have in a second with no remorse. Why? Not because she is a woman and that is "women's work" but because I just detest housework period. It sucks!
grin.gif

Last edited:
If anybody else want to make an ill-reasoned argument about why I was wrong to react to the obviously sexist statement that was made, please start another thread so that one can be locked and not this one.

Again, sorry for taking this thing off topic.

It's no big deal, just put it back on topic.

Columbia is playing this morning, and they're kind fun to watch as a neutral.

Then the U.S. plays after that.

If anybody else want to make an ill-reasoned argument about why I was wrong to react to the obviously sexist statement that was made, please start another thread so that one can be locked and not this one.

Apparantly you are far more perceptive than the rest of us then because you are the only one who feels it was obviosuly sexist.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Did ya ever think the comment was T-I-C?

Loosen up a bit.

My sentiments..I lol'd when he made the comment.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

/done

greenaccord02;

I have a question seeing as you took this thread "there" needlessly. Does getting with the 21st century times mean we have to overreact to every gesture and comment and see insults and slights where none were made like you have done here? Must we support the PC Police and cause more hard feelings than are soothed? Must we too placate a small handful of people or even an individual that decide something is offensive at the expense of everyone else who sees nothing wrong?

You do realize THAT is what getting with the current times means right? You just assumed the comments about scrubbing the floors was sexist and jumped the gun. Even after it was explained that the comment was not sexist, from a man who scrubs floors himself showing YOU made an inaccurate assumption, you still won't relent. Do you not see the irony in your statements calling the other poster out for posting without thinking about what they are saying 1st. Relax a little and don't go looking for insults and trouble where none exist.
thumbsup2.gif

For the record I just cleaned my house top to bottom and it included washing windows, dusting, vaccuming, and yes getting down on my hands and knees and scrubbing the kitchen floor and the 2 bathroom floors. If I could have got a woman to do it I would have in a second with no remorse. Why? Not because she is a woman and that is "women's work" but because I just detest housework period. It sucks!
grin.gif

Thank you so much! I wanted to say the something but my English is not good enough.

Anyway, GO USA!!!

Last edited:
Okay, as one who spent time growing up in Canada, can someone please explain how "scrubbing the floor (ice)" is sexist? I've seen men and women doing it in the Winter Olympics for quite some time...

BTW, I get that one can make a sexist assumption about the statement. It still doesn't change the fact that team members are required to "scrub the floor".

Originally Posted By: rshunter
Okay, as one who spent time growing up in Canada, can someone please explain how "scrubbing the floor (ice)" is sexist?

I don't think the first comment had anything to do with ice.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al
I think the first comment had anything to do with ice.
smile.gif

Are you sure, or are you making a sexist assumption? Since he quoted a reference to curling, it would be topically proper.

Originally Posted By: rshunter
Originally Posted By: Al
I think the first comment had anything to do with ice.
smile.gif

Are you sure, or are you making a sexist assumption? Since he quoted a reference to curling, it would be topically proper.

Meant to say I "don't" think....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back