Wix Oil Filter 51356 vs. 57356 - Honda Fit 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: edwardh1
So , any more information on the change in the last 5 months??

While getting ready to order some NAPA Gold filters I encounterd this change from a 1356 to the 7356. I would not have thought much about it but a person I know has an older CRV and recently had a "check engine" light come on after an oil change. He took the CRV to a Honda dealer and they said the other shop used the "wrong filter", it was a 1356. The dealer put on a OEM filter, the light was gone and the car ran fine after experiencing some minor issues with the other filter. Had I not personally known this person I would have been hesitant to believe the story but I do and I also know the shop that did the oil change uses NAPA filters.

I have a TSX and a CRV (still original filter) and the TSX has used several of the 1356 filters without issue. I decided to call Wix and in talking to their tech person was told they no longer could suggest using the 1356 on a Honda/Acura, it would affect the warranty and they suggested returning the NAPA filters for exchange. I did so without issue. They guys at the NAPA store indicated a couple of other Honda engines having issues with the 1356 but they had not heard of a large number of problems.

The tech person at Wix said the backing plate was different on the updated filter along with other minor changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back