Williams Tools

Ran across a link for Williams tools. I don't claim to be a mechanic but I do like quality tools. I haven't thought about Williams for at least 20 years(I'm retired) but they were very good quality back then. Are they the same quality tools that they were?

Most of my tools are Proto from before Stanley bought them out. My first small set of combination wrenches goes back to 1964.

Many of their made in USA tools are the same as the old style Snap-On. Their Taiwan made tools are good quality, but nothing special.

They are USA made and Taiwan a lot of people here like them including me. They are great made by Snap-on they are very high quality and in my opinion just as good as Snap-on. I use them at my shop, at home and everywhere they are fine and I have no complaints. Actually a lot of members here have helped me in telling me what to buy from them since I am a younger mechanic who doesn’t want to go broke buying expensive tools.

If the item number is all numbers, it is made in Taiwan. Items made in USA have letters and numbers in their item number.

Very good tools. One of my favorite ratchets ever was the old S53 Superratchet which just plain wore out, no parts are available for the old timer. I replaced it with the JHWS-53A which I like even more, made in USA round head (I like round heads) 72 teeth, 15" long.
The thing is so well balanced and feels light and just right in the hand.

Back