WHY is my new tire doing this!? Mounted wrong?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE DAY 1 of Solving the Mistake:
Update: I very politely and professionally called regional and got a caring reception then transferred to who she described as a high level regional Vice President who happened to be there visiting (or something like that). Then I was immediately transferred to him who listened , apologized and agreed to send a new tire "Right away Fed Ex"and to pay for a local install. No coverage or compensation for personal time or PITA, a firm no to that. Just a promise to make it right and reimburse for mounting, he mentioned, "Probably $25 bucks he'd expect it to be", in his words. He also said," you should have the guys at that store buy you lunch next time you go for your free rotate".

Now the local store manager called (the place two hours away whom installed it wrong) and apologized and now I find out I have to wait for the tire to get from Pirelli to his store then from his store fed ex to me and all this will take easily till Friday. Then I get to drive half hour to a tire shop in -10F on my personal weekend and wait there, pay out of pocket. And this is IF I am lucky enough to get the tire by Friday. So now my Friday is now waiting at home also.

I'm not flat out hung out to dry but not feeling real valued. I can't believe that despite the tire model being ON their showroom floor and huge racks that there is none from ANY of the perhaps 5 stores within 2-4 hours of me that could be mailed right now to me. This small mistake is going to cost be at
Least 7 hours total. I spent an hour and half on the phone today just to start.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Wow OP, you sound like a real treat to be around.
Lol. It really isn't a big deal.

Why do you live 30 minutes from a tire shop? It would take me 5 minutes to WALK to a tire shop from anywhere I've lived.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: dishdude
Wow OP, you sound like a real treat to be around.
Lol. It really isn't a big deal.

Why do you live 30 minutes from a tire shop? It would take me 5 minutes to WALK to a tire shop from anywhere I've lived.

What's with you two guys from Arizona? Wait, based on simple indicators of your age, I see that you have a likely very limited scope of overall life experience of being about age 20-25. Are you trolling just to be cute? I post the FACTS of the situation , like that I am going to have to spend hours fixing something I paid over $700 to have done right.

What is 'make believe' about that? Please tell me, go ahead and point out the errors in my information. You tell me.

And the bizarre question of "why" of I live a half hour from a tire shop? How is that helpful? Are you seriously asking that as real sociology question? Then you go on to tell me you can WALK to a tire shop. Do you want me
To select a place to live based on if I can CARRY a tire and rim
TO a tire shop?

Perhaps your single, perhaps you don't mind not getting what you paid for, perhaps your in a warm climate, perhaps you make your own work hours , I don't assume that about you. One thing I do know is that you must not value your time and sure value mine even less.

Please refrain from the audacity of telling me that my reality or where I happen to live is somehow the cause of the problem.

You're making a bigger deal out of this than what it is. You want gas money? Are you 16?

I'd drive around on it for a few weeks until I was near the shop and have them remount the existing tire. If they're going to replace it, even better! Ride around on their tire.

To be difficult to the hourly employee you're talking to on the phone or dealing with at the counter is low (although you said you weren't, your posts on here don't sound that way). Let them fix it and move on with life. People make mistakes, why get stressed over a tire.

Um...like ....duuude....I talked to a manager, at regional. That was clearly written. Why are you saying I hassled an hourly employee? Where was I 'difficult' with them? You were on the phone listening?

Why would I not want gas money? It's going to cost me probably $30-$40 in gas when all said and done. If you have that kind of money to just throw around...good for you. I don't and that's not unreasonable to ask for. If you want to PayPal me the money and be my Daddy Warbucks...I can send you my PayPal info.

Also, you want me to drive around for a few moths in WINTER with this issue? Till I get back down there two hours away.

Read my original posts, you're throwing around insinuations that are none sense and are answered in prior posts.

I am astounded by your inability to see that anyone else has a different life situation than you, a different climate, a different expectation of actual quality work. I'd hate to have a headache and be your roommate, forget about empathy hey?

I think they're having lols because of your inability to deal with small hiccups. You're asking for empathy, but newsflash, everybody has problems.
The internet (except for certain areas) typically isn't about empathy, but pointing out what you did wrong and (hopefully) what you can do better next time instead.
If advice wasn't what you were looking for, but just empathy then call a friend instead of posting to trolls.

There's a concept of risk and reward and resiliency.
If you're the type that can't deal with the possibility that something might go wrong, then you need to back yourself up by perhaps not going to a shop 2hours away if a failure there is going to screw you over, or finding an alternate way so you don't spend 7hours to save $30.

You say you're a parent with a child, so I can imagine you would've been used to handling unexpected stuff better.
If your kid gets sick but you had plane flights and vacation booked, I can't imagine what kind of a cow you would have.
So here's another dose of internet unsolicited advice in lieu of empathy: Plan for the unexpected instead.

Last edited:
So your final analysis of life lesson is ..."Dude it's not a big deal, expect
Poor work".

Oh, and I posted to share a purchase experience, don't counsel me on internet psychology.

Seriously? S-e-riously? To expect poor work? To go in expecting poor work? To be ok with spending hours to correct
Mistakes?

As if "I should have known this would happen"

Get real. And hey, there's a great restaurant!, never mind the floors have mouse droppings hey?

And I'll ignore your vitriol about my parenting. As if you dare compare a tire which said early INSIDE in it to a human being. A little different there champ. But great work with a distorted generalization.

Wow. Take a chill pill before you have an aneurysm over a freaking tire. If your tire is really bad, then the two on the other side, rolling the SAME DIRECTION must be bad too. Just drive on it until you're down that way and have it fixed then.

Dude... You are really coming off like a major Chump, people make mistakes and running it "inside out" causes no damage.

Your car has an obvious alignment problem if its wearing the tire irregularly.

The local Hyundai dealer I have mount and roadforce balance my tires mounted ALL 4 inside out.. Didn't notice for a year(not my car). They fixed it.. life went on .. no issues.

Its almost like your constant whining posts are trolling. To get bent out of shape and whine this much about a minor issue I'd hate to see what you would post if you got 4 dinged up wheels from tirerack(900$), or someone hit road trash on the highway and it damaged your car.. or anyone of a number of random issues that are so much worse than one tire mounted inside out.

Heck one piece of gravel on the highway could be 10x worse than your tire issue.

Last edited:
They are sending a new tire,and paying for install yet you want more.
I deal with customers every day. Some people truly believe the sun rises and sets for them and they are the only paying customer on the planet.
Your whining is unreasonable,your complaining worse than woman like.
Man up. Get your new tire and stop crying.
The sun will rise tomorrow regardless if you want it to. People are human. When you change 100 tires a day oversights happen. You go into automatic. Yes the tire shop made a mistake. That's on them.
How you handled it,well that's on you.
I hope the shop learned their lesson and won't accept your money because your cash is expensive.
An 700 bucks for tires. Like its some big number.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

This.

This appears to be top-notch service from DT. I would never have expected them to ship a totally new tire to replace the tire, since any uneven wear would be caused by an alignment or similar issue, not because it was mounted inside out briefly.

I would have been happy with them paying the cost to have the original tire remounted. It sounds like they're already going above and beyond.

I agree.

and get your suspension/steering checked if you have uneven wear. This should have been done BEFORE going for an alignment as if there's any play they will now have aligned the car to the wrong settings.

Maybe you can get the alignment place to redo it for free aswell, after fixing the issue with the suspension/steering..

BUT: that all being said, there's no excessive wear of any kind on that tyre. guess you just got a fifth tyre for free....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SumpChump

LETS HAVE FUN: what do I want out of this from Discount Tire? Gas money to get there? New tire? Free sservice voucher? All of those?

Dude...you got owned in this thread.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
Originally Posted By: Clevy

This.

This appears to be top-notch service from DT. I would never have expected them to ship a totally new tire to replace the tire, since any uneven wear would be caused by an alignment or similar issue, not because it was mounted inside out briefly.

I would have been happy with them paying the cost to have the original tire remounted. It sounds like they're already going above and beyond.

Agreed with above posters.

Most will be happy with what DT had been done for OP, but OP wants a lot more than that.

Not every work will be done perfectly, error was made and they are willing to do more than they had to so be happy and live on.

PS Almost everyone thinks that you are not totally correct in demanding DT pays for gas/time money for their error(s), so be happy with what they do on their side and just install new tire at local shop and forget the whole thing.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SumpChump
So your final analysis of life lesson is ..."Dude it's not a big deal, expect
Poor work".

Poor work is not to be expected, but mistakes do happen. However, you should not expect the world to start revolving around you, just because they do.

It sounds like DT has made a reasonable effort to make it right. Granted, they can't please everyone. Neither could Jesus.

I'm surprised a new tire was given. It should have been diagnosed first and cause of issue found prior to just giving a free tire. Then likely it is caused by alignment issue so that should be fixed first. Tire direction could have been changed at that point.

DT should comp you 4 new tires for your life changing trouble.
Pay you gas money and time lost. Contribute to your 401K.
Make the employee retrieve and deliver your car on his own time then fire him.
Close the store and bulldoze it.

Just curious, exactly what would make you happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back