who makes super tech synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: TFB1
Originally Posted By: chevyboy14
My st bottles say wpp so I guess I know for sure who made the bottle anyway.

I'd say the chance of XOM, SOPUS, or any other manufactures brand of oil being in WPP bottles is slim & none...
XOM actually makes the oil in your area! This is well documented! Many MSDS to prove this FACT. SOPUS is on the west coast and Houston/Dallas area, with the majority being WPP.

For proof...Super Tech SOPUS msds
http://msds.walmartstores.com/cache/344007.pdf

Another SOPUS msds...notice is the same address as the one above
http://msds.walmartstores.com/cache/342615.pdf

I could easily provide the XOM, but I will let you all do your own homework lol.
grin.gif
I wouldn't hesitate to use it, but with how much it costs, it doesn't makes sense to use when I can get MS5k for the same price...or even QSGB. Once all of my stash (very small might I add) of dino is gone, I will switch to syn PP because it's $19 here.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
No. Research man!

Depends on what part of the US you are in....but it is either going to be Warren (WPP) or Mobil.

Still a good oil either way...

I don't believe that any ST synthetic is made by XOM. Most is made by WPP, but SOPUS does make some of it.

The SOPUS 5 quart jug looks like this

0068113177044_500X500.jpg

The WPP jugs look like this

0068113177042_500X500.jpg

The only similarity between the QS clear bottles and the WPP clear bottles is that they are clear, and contain a quart of oil. The shapes do not match, and neither does the contents.

I like that top bottle...

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Is Supertech synthetic better than the best conventional? That is the question ...

If i saw ST at my store, id give it a shot.

If not.. im liking the Supertech in the blue jug more and more.

Ive used this oil on and off over the years, and, honestly? I like it.

Its like a comparable to the other stuff on the shelf, at half the cost. Sold!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: 45ACP
Is Supertech synthetic better than the best conventional? That is the question ...

smile.gif

Really? Supertech syn is $21 here, PP is $18.95, their dino is more than MS5K here.

Originally Posted By: NightRiderQ45
Originally Posted By: 45ACP

smile.gif

Really? Supertech syn is $21 here, PP is $18.95, their dino is more than MS5K here.

Well that would be consistent with the $4.87 a quart, wouldnt it
smile.gif

As i said, i see a LOT of the 10W-30 - not 5W-30 - on the shelf, and i see no need for it. Even though it "looks" like good oil.

Im a purchaser of the blue jug oil, every time ive boght it it has been as good as the Nextgen that is in the green bottles, slightly over on the shelf. (btw, the Resource Conserving is sold in jugs. The Maxlife Nextgen isnt.)

I end up flipping a coin, mentally. Some cars id go one, some cars id go the other. Its hard to say. But i dont usually spend for synthetic. No need.

Blug jug ST wins 75% of the time............

EDIT: Last time i bought ST conventional, it cost either $11.87 or $12.87 for 5 quarts. So.... Walmarts really are different! And that wa sa week or two ago. It went up $1 i think.

Back when I considered ST oils to be a bargain, I convinced myself to start using them. Then the ST prices took a big jump to being fairly comparable to name brand oils. There was not enough of a financial savings to make it worth while.

I did use ST synthetic for two oil changes. Mixed it three quarts ST synthetic to two quarts Pennz Plat to use up the two 5qt bottles that I had purchased.

Originally Posted By: Silver_civic
What I want to know is in the OH/PA areas since I am not real close to the coast; who makes the Super Tech oils?

Curved bottle is WPP, and angular is eXOM. Ive posted up pics before. (XOM is a "Widemouth" bottle, WPP looks older its just different jug.)

You will probably see a little more XOM i have found them to be the more popular of the two.

The more i know about oil, the more i rather like ST oil.

ST is a decent oil like every other legit API SM/SN oil out there. Nothing really special about it except its cheap.

By me QSGB is the same price and the ST is sold out or leaking..

guess what I buy.

Originally Posted By: Silver_civic
The bottle I still have is the 5qt jug and its angular, and it says WPP on the bottom. Does MOBIL use WPP to make the bottle or?

All of the WPP jugs (except gallons) in my area now look like this:

0068113177042_500X500.jpg

The XOM bottles (not available here) look like this:

jug2.jpg

Originally Posted By: Rand
ST is a decent oil like every other legit API SM/SN oil out there. Nothing really special about it except its cheap.

By me QSGB is the same price and the ST is sold out or leaking..

guess what I buy.

Based on what has been presented, i guess QSGB!

Buying somethin that is sold out is impressive and admirable, however. Why do you think its sold out.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back