Who makes EverStart Platinum AGM batteries?

I will likely be in the market for a size H6 AGM soon and Wally World has a good price.

I just purchased a flooded lead acid H6 from Walmart a couple of months ago. I've heard different stories where they're made. I don't really care because I don't believe it makes a plug nickel's worth of difference today.

Much like AR-15 parts, they're all made by a few major companies in the industry, who supply the entire market. There are no, "Mom & Pop" battery manufacturing companies out there, who are, "paying more attention to detail".

Just curious if I may ask, what are you going to be putting this H6 into that requires an AGM?

I just purchased a flooded lead acid H6 from Walmart a couple of months ago. I've heard different stories where they're made. I don't really care because I don't believe it makes a plug nickel's worth of difference today.

Much like AR-15 parts, they're all made by a few major companies in the industry, who supply the entire market. There are no, "Mom & Pop" battery manufacturing companies out there, who are, "paying more attention to detail".

Just curious if I may ask, what are you going to be putting this H6 into that requires an AGM?
I'm guessing it's the 2018 Elantra in the OP's signature, Hyundai says you need an AGM battery on those cars, I don't know why they require AGM but they do.

Some of the Clarios/JCI batteries are made in Saudi Arabia. The Saudi government is wanting to diversify its economy and not be dependent on oil exports.

I'm guessing it's the 2018 Elantra in the OP's signature, Hyundai says you need an AGM battery on those cars, I don't know why they require AGM but they do.
Yep, it's for the Elantra.

At 5 yrs old, the factory battery is cranking slightly slower than usual in the morning. AGM batteries are touted as the second coming so I expected mine to last longer than 5 yrs here in the northeast. My car doesn't have remote start or auto start-stop either.

Last edited:
The two group 65 AGM batteries I got for my pickup from Walmart were East Penn. Bought in Delaware.

AGM batteries are not easy to find at Walmart. I think I got the two at different Walmarts 30 miles away from each other.

[QUOTE="I and, depending on location, they can be an hour or more away whereas every Tom, ****, and Harry town or city has a Walmart.
[/QUOTE]
Oddly, in my area it's the opposite
No Walmarts in NYC, I live 5 minutes from a Costco 🤷‍♂️

Walmart is here is all Korean, and the serial numbers all start with HSW(Hyundai Songwoo), ATL(Hankook Atlas), and there’s a third one, DTR. I assume DTR is Delkor(Clarios Korea) but the case/terminals/lid isn’t Clarios/JCI style, like on a ACDelco Professional/Silver battery.

Interestingly enough, Hankook Atlas has been supplying the 12V lead-acid auxillary batteries for Tesla on the M3/Y. I dunno if HyunKia is giving them business in the US for their Alabama/Georgia plants. Hankook did announce building a battery plant in the US though.

Back