Who likes their older mower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I bought this modern classic new in 2003.

Hey that looks a lot like mine! I was wondering how old it was and now I have a general idea.

016-L.jpg

Originally Posted By: bigdreama

Hey that looks a lot like mine! I was wondering how old it was and now I have a general idea.

016-L.jpg

From your picture, I believe you have a model 10323 (Model & Serial # will be visible on the sticker at the rear center of the deck). If you want to find out the year of manufacture, you can go to www.lawnboy.com, then click parts/manuals. Enter your model number and then it will show the serial number ranges over the different production years.

For the 10323 it looks to have been made from 1998-2004. This is what showed up for the serial number breakdown by year...

Model # Serial Year Product Name
10323 240000001 - 240999999 2004 SilverPro Series Lawnmower
10323 230000001 - 230999999 2003 SilverPro Series Lawnmower
10323 220000001 - 220999999 2002 SilverPro Series Lawnmower
10323 210000001 - 210999999 2001 SilverPro Series Lawnmower
10323 200000001 - 200999999 2000 SilverPro Series Lawnmower
10323 9900001 - 9999999 1999 SilverPro Series Lawnmower
10323 8900001 - 8999999 1998 SilverPro Series Lawnmower

What is the purpose for the small wheel that has been added in front of the discharge chute?

Last edited:
If someone could direct me how to post a pic, I have a working beast of a rotary mower dating back to 1950ish.

I keep a late 70's Lawn-Boy, self prop, bagger.. just spent another $12 to put a rear wheel back after the snap ring popped off somewhere in the lawn...replaced the felt washers right away...thank god for ebay a CL.

Originally Posted By: Lubener
If someone could direct me how to post a pic, I have a working beast of a rotary mower dating back to 1950ish.

You will have to upload the picture to a hosting site such as photobucket. Once uploaded you will be able to copy the direct link to the photo. Then you simply click the insert photo button on the post page and paste the link.

Last edited:
Here's my 1992 Craftsman II push mower. It's sports the beastly 3.5hp Tecumseh TVS90 engine, and she still fires up on the first pull. It will give a little puff of smoke now, but it's gone within a couple seconds. The only things that were ever needed done to this mower was a new blade every couple years, one carb rebuild about 6 years ago, new air filter every year, and a new plug every other year. I always change the oil using 10w30 synthetic oil twice a year. I also hose it off good top and bottom every single time after mowing. Oh, and I put a new muffler on it a year ago before I took the bottom pic.

3BADC155-49D4-4546-A7D5-E6B16632D4BE_zpsf7y2lvsy.jpg

Craftsman%20II%20Mower%202_zpswjjo3rrc.jpg

L8R,
Matt

Originally Posted By: AnthemBassMan
Here's my 1992 Craftsman II push mower. It's sports the beastly 3.5hp Tecumseh TVS90 engine, and she still fires up on the first pull. It will give a little puff of smoke now, but it's gone within a couple seconds. The only things that were ever needed done to this mower was a new blade every couple years, one carb rebuild about 6 years ago, new air filter every year, and a new plug every other year. I always change the oil using 10w30 synthetic oil twice a year. I also hose it off good top and bottom every single time after mowing. Oh, and I put a new muffler on it a year ago before I took the bottom pic.

3BADC155-49D4-4546-A7D5-E6B16632D4BE_zpsf7y2lvsy.jpg

Craftsman%20II%20Mower%202_zpswjjo3rrc.jpg

L8R,
Matt

Had a neighbor with one of these! How cool to see one again!

These are the pics. The engine is cast iron made by Lausen. It will easily mow 3-4 foot grass. It weighs about 180 lbs.PPE is recommended while using.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3/raski321/Mowers/IMG_0369_zpsbuqw1jwb.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3/raski321/Mowers/IMG_0364_zpsrwg73l8x.jpg

What a beast!

Originally Posted By: m21bmr
I've got an old-ish Lawnboy M21BMR with a 1991 build date. It's and oil injected 2-cycle that I've owned since new.

HPIM3429_zps63edac12.jpg

I have never seen this model Lawn Boy before. Lots of Lawn Boy owners on bitog apparently.

These are the pics. The engine is cast iron made by Lausen. It will easily mow 3-4 foot grass. It weighs about 180 lbs.PPE is recommended while using.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3/raski321/Mowers/IMG_0369_zpsbuqw1jwb.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3/raski321/Mowers/IMG_0364_zpsrwg73l8x.jpg

-That is one crazy looking beast!

L8R,
Matt

I'm still keeping an eye out for a nice brick top. I mowed for years with a late '70s Lawn Boy. Had an early '90s 10201 with the V Series engine. It was a rough running, loud beast, but it would mow anything in its path without bogging down. But the connecting rod snapped and scored the cylinder pretty bad.

L8R,
Matt

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
41 years old and still going strong.

Older than most of the people on this forum.

Very nice Pop! I have one just like it. A very well built machine. My neighbor's are amazed when I tell them how old it is. It still looks every bit as nice as yours. The John Deere 210 is a classic.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HM12460
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
41 years old and still going strong.

Older than most of the people on this forum.

Very nice Pop! I have one just like it. A very well built machine. My neighbor's are amazed when I tell them how old it is. It still looks every bit as nice as yours. The John Deere 210 is a classic.

Great looking 210 indeed.. That one I believe would be a '75 right, with the mess side panels? I have a '79 that was my great grand fathers. It will never leave.. love that old beast. It handles my snow blowing duties.

Dad has my Great Grandpa's '65 110 round fender. He restored it a few years ago and its just a toy now, but Lots of memories on that old tractor as a kid.

I also have a 2007 X320 that I do my mowing with... That has been a fantastic mowing tractor.. much faster than the old 210 gear jammer. Its not built near as heavy of course, but does a great job of mowing now with over 600 hours of abuse and not 1 problem.

I also have a pair of Deere 14SB push mowers (the silver deck 5-speed units) to do trim with.. They are both fantastic little push mowers!

Last edited:
My last oldie was a project rider I bought. A 1979 model year Case 220. I completely re-built the 38" deck, which also required some welding (welding part I did not do myself). I modded the seat height with some old JD seat springs to make it bit more comfy, adjusted to clutch, swapped some belts and hoses, etc.

I know the Case/Ingersoll Hy-Drive system is legendary and really is a super HD setup, but I hated it for mowing. Once you're used to a foot pedal hydrostatic or a ZTR, there's no going back (if you can help it). I basically used it as a yard tug until I sold it.

Last edited:
My grandmother bought this Bolens model 1253 in 1973 with all the attachments. In 1995, a screw loosened from the butterfly in the carb. sucking the screw in and doing a number on the piston, rings and rod. It sat in a barn for 20 years, sinking in the dirt. Last year, I rebuilt the engine, replaced two tires, battery and brought the tractor back to life.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3/raski321/IMG_0825_zpsnpizlzvw.jpg~original

Last edited:
My Dad sold his 1972 Cub Cadet 129 about three years ago. He used it every year for mowing, plowing the driveway in the winter, etc... He kind of upgraded when he bought a Kubota BX25. Three cylinder Diesel engine, 60" deck, front end loader, rear plow blade, and backhoe.

L8R,
Matt

I don't know how to post pictures on this site. I do have a 1971 K-Mart push mower with a 3 horse Briggs. No safety features and the deck is fixed height. Mows great!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back