White chunks in brand new Quaker State oil.

You bought it in a box right? That's a little left over glue they use to glue the box flaps.
Yes it's a 6 gallon box, but inside the box is a plastic bag with a pour spout that is completely independent of the outer box. The box is only there to protect the bag of oil inside and give it some shape/protection for storing and shipping.

The 6 gallon box assembly line's Quality Control Inspector kept blowing his nose too hard, prior to the caps being installed and tightened on the large box container.
He used a cheap, store brand name tissue, instead of the Kleenex brand.

In all seriousness, had this been a form of glue, the open air would have hardened it, into a crusty-like rock. I like Molakule's thinking that an (possible defective non-soluble?) oil additive is the culprit.

I will have to check our Quaker Oatmeal box later today. Might be more-of-the-same there.

Last edited:
Looks exactly like the paraffin that plugs off oil wells and requires a work over rig. Every pumped barrel of crude has a large percentage of it going into the refinery. Some is left behind in the motor oil on purpose ,I believe, dependent on the grade. I'm thinking it is paraffin that has fallen out of solution. Is paraffin a VII?

Looks exactly like the paraffin that plugs off oil wells and requires a work over rig. Every pumped barrel of crude has a large percentage of it going into the refinery. Some is left behind in the motor oil on purpose ,I believe, dependent on the grade. I'm thinking it is paraffin that has fallen out of solution. Is paraffin a VII?
They tend to be oil soluble polymers …

Doesn't make sense.

The answers are above.
IMG_1125.jpeg

Back