Which state is the worst state to run a business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dparm
Originally Posted By: horse123
California. California is basically the worst state to anything in.

My face when I read this post

himZD0M.jpg

California is a beautiful state, great place to vacation. I could never live there though with the extreme liberalness. It's crazy and, to me, makes it unlivable.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: javacontour
But is that uniform throughout CA?

After all, CA goes as far north as Oregon.

Some areas may be as described. But how many? How do you offset the negatives if you don't live in an area as you've described?

No, not all sections of California have similar real estate appreciation, Silicon Valley and Southern California are usually appreciated at much higher rate than the rest of the state.

Same for weather, coastal area are much milder all year, as much as 10-20F cooler in summer and 10-15F warmer in winter. May millions dollar houses along the beach don't have A/C because they don't need it.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Only affluent folks can afford a house in California.

$800,000 for an outhouse dump of a house????
I wish I had that kind of money...

Some bought million dollar plus houses then bulldozed it to build a bigger (more like mansion than a house).

$800,000 houses in some area of San Francisco and/or Silicon Valley are needed to repair or remodel to be able to live. The house structure is not worth anything, the real cost is the lot the house sits on.

In my old neighborhood someone bought a 4-bedroon 2600 sq-ft house north of $1 mil, stay in for less than 2 years then bulldozed it to build 5500 sq-ft house.

Many people in CA have a lot of money, they just like the weather here and they are willing to spend as much as needed to live their lives comfortably.

Note: Many millions dollars home owners drive beat up vehicles, some of their 15-20 years old vehicles worth less than $500-1000.

Yes, I understand some folks have a lot of money and can afford expensive house. But not everyone can afford even a 'cheap' $500,000 house in California. My ex GF's dad was an architect and his clients bought house for the land, tore them down and built a McMansion. He did lots of work in Miami Beach.

Yes, many wealthy folks drive an old car. I know a guy worth almost $3M and drives an old car.

Yes, many wealthy folks drive an old car. I know a guy worth almost $3M and drives an old car.

Reality of wealthy folks is they own a few vehicles so an older car becomes irrelevant as they can pay someone to repair it and have a spare sitting. I live in the "[censored]" house against $1M+ homes neighborhood of executives, car dealership owners x4 and dr, and dentists. Majority drive run of the mill (non luxury) cars although there is a AMG and few MB in the mix. Not a single pickup truck though.

Instead they choose lake and/or ski homes and some even airplanes instead.

My uncle managed to retire in his 50s, and pay cash for a new Lincoln a while back.

His usual vehicle is a zero-option 1999 Ranger, originally a CarQuest truck. It's the only think he'll drive on salted roads. (He also has a 1979 F250 4x4 and a 1988 Dakota hot rod.)

horse123,

I agree but lots of folks can't live the 'American Dream' in California.

The worst mistake that those who can't live the "American Dream" in California is those that stay. If your making $40,000.00 a year in California-you need to get out. Not trying to put down those who do-but why stay and struggle in one on the most expensive places in the nation to live?

Originally Posted By: dparm
California. California is basically the worst state to anything in.

My face when I read this post

himZD0M.jpg

California is a beautiful state, great place to vacation. I could never live there though with the extreme liberalness. It's crazy and, to me, makes it unlivable.

Oh, so literally the exact opposite reason I can't live in the deep south or in most rural states
smile.gif

The liberalness is overstated. I and many people I know here are conservatives or moderates. There are entire regions like Orange County that are conservative, and the more rural areas are quite conservative. It's just that looney tunes liberal areas like San Francisco make the most noise with their headline-making policies

But if this scares people from coming here, that's fine by me. It's already too crowded

Originally Posted By: xfactor9

The liberalness is overstated. I and many people I know here are conservatives or moderates. There are entire regions like Orange County that are conservative, and the more rural areas are quite conservative. It's just that looney tunes liberal areas like San Francisco make the most noise with their headline-making policies

But if this scares people from coming here, that's fine by me. It's already too crowded

Yeah, Orange and San Diego Counties are very conservative, San Francisco is a totally difference state.

Yeah, we are so crowded already. Just look at major highways in So Cal, bumper to bumper traffic 16-20 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Originally Posted By: xfactor9

What your saying is partially true, in regards to Orange County. The issue (about liberals) is not overstated.The liberals run the state, create the policies, get fundraising from liberal Hollywood, etc. There is no denying that.

When I was growing up as a child in the 60's the population was a little less than 16 million in California. Now your at 38 million-and expected to be 50 million by 2050.

I left 4 years ago-and am glad I did. The California dream is getting a little too crowed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back