Which Motul is better for Audi S4 B8 2010?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody!
Because of the fact I'm actually Russian, my English might be pretty lame. Sorry for that.
I own 2010 Audi S4 with all-new 245 kW 3.0TFSI 3-liter supercharged engine with direct injection. Manual says that only VAG-approved oils should be used in the engine - 502.00 or 504.00.
I'm a total Motul fanboy and currently use fully synthetic X-lite 0W-30 oil with VAG 502.00 approval.
But I'm eager to use "racing" 300V 5W-30 in order to boost my car's performance a little and would also use a little bit more protection for my engine during spirited driving.
What can you say, guys?

Nicely posted and welcome to BITOG.

Both are great products of Course 300V is more of a racing lubricant. I maybe overkill but so is redline in my trucks. Either will be great for you

Last edited:
Go for it. 300v is amazing oil. That is an amazing car. Seems like a perfect fit to me.

Btw... I will be joining you. I'm putting 300v Motul in my Direct Injected Turbo car on my next change. Can't wait! Still haven't decided if I'm going 5w40 or 5w30 though.

p.s. Your english is actually pretty good. Believe me, I know a lot of people who are native here that have worse english. Don't get me started on the teenage hip-hop crowd!

Last edited:
Thank you DieselTech.
I know they're both all right, but I would like to know will there be any perceptible advantage with 300 V 5W-30 over X-lite 0W-30? I mean boosted acceleration and better engine protection.
Maybe, someone has got personal experience using 300V not in a racing engine.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
I think you might be our first member from Russia...

There are about 17 registered members from Russia on BITOG.

Quote:

you don't drive a Lada?

Or a Moskvich. :)

Originally Posted By: Nickyracer
Thank you DieselTech.
I know they're both all right, but I would like to know will there be any perceptible advantage with 300 V 5W-30 over X-lite 0W-30? I mean boosted acceleration and better engine protection.
Maybe, someone has got personal experience using 300V not in a racing engine.

I was browsing the scooby forums last night and most of those guys were running it. Claimed their cars turbo's spooled faster and the engine was freer, easier revving with perceptible butt dyno gains.

Addyguy, I don't drive Lada already, thank God! Was quite an experience a while ago :))
Surprising if I'm the first one from Russia. :)

shpankey, I used 300V 5W-30 in my previous '08 Subaru Impreza STI.
What concerns me is that 300V's lacking any approvals - no API, no ACEA

The 300V has quite a bit of Ester in it so it would be the choice for supercharged or turbo applications. I do feel for the application their are advantages to 300V. It will be more shear stable and will handle High heat during " spirited driving ".

Thats a pretty sweet car, it deserves it. Most of the best product available lack certifications. This is due to the formulation and high zinc. Honestly it doesn't bother me

Are emissions pretty tough over there?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: shpankey
I was browsing the scooby forums last night and most of those guys were running it. Claimed their cars turbo's spooled faster and the engine was freer, easier revving with perceptible butt dyno gains.

That's what I like to hear.
I know 300V is quite good and kind of an idol for scooby fans. But I don't know how it will "behave" inside Audi engine - heard that its double-esther formula is aggressive to rubber gaskets.

Quattro Pete: surprising you know of Moskvitch - it's out of production for more than 10 years. Was my student driver-time car. Horrible experience also. :(((

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: shpankey
Go for it. 300v is amazing oil. That is an amazing car. Seems like a perfect fit to me.
Btw... I will be joining you. I'm putting 300v Motul in my Direct Injected Turbo car on my next change. Can't wait! Still haven't decided if I'm going 5w40 or 5w30 though.
p.s. Your english is actually pretty good. Believe me, I know a lot of people who are native here that have worse english. Don't get me started on the teenage hip-hop crowd!

Thank you for your apprecciation of my English. Frankly, I'm fond of American culture and studied English mostly from vocabularies and wathing old Hollywood films - you know, stuff like Double Indemnity, Vertigo, Treasure of Sierra Madre... :)
As for the oil, guess thinner oil (5W-30 instead of 5W-40) will give you better perfomance and fuel economy due to reduction of the pumping losses, a kind of.

Originally Posted By: DieselTech
Are emissions pretty tough over there?

Euro IV on paper. But can easily be avoided - noone will ever check your car's emissions. Removing cats from the exhausts is quite popular here.

Quattro Pete: surprising you know of Moskvitch - it's out of production for more than 10 years.

Yeah, I'm from Poland originally, so I've seen a fair share of these cars when I was growing up, including Volga and UAZ as well. Obviously Lada was the most common though.

Hello everybody!
Because of the fact I'm actually Russian, my English might be pretty lame. Sorry for that.
I own 2010 Audi S4 with all-new 245 kW 3.0TFSI 3-liter supercharged engine with direct injection. Manual says that only VAG-approved oils should be used in the engine - 502.00 or 504.00.
I'm a total Motul fanboy and currently use fully synthetic X-lite 0W-30 oil with VAG 502.00 approval.
But I'm eager to use "racing" 300V 5W-30 in order to boost my car's performance a little and would also use a little bit more protection for my engine during spirited driving.
What can you say, guys?

welcome2.gif
to BITOG!

I agree that your English is very good. It's better than I've seen from some native English speakers...

Nice car, by the way. Manual or automatic?

I have spoken with Motul's offices in the USA on many occasions. I am told that X-Lite is actually very similar to 300V, but more focused on street use. It is designed specifically for people like you, who want the OEM approvals but also want extra protection for hard driving. Unless you are driving VERY hard all the time, or racing your car regularly, I don't think you will see much (if any) benefit from 300V. I would be surprised if you noticed any difference in performance or protection. Also, depending on how the dealerships are where you live, it might be better to have a VW-approved oil just in case you need warranty service.

Now, if you do start racing your car at a track and/or heavily modifying it, or if the warranty expires, that's when 300V will shine.

Good call sticking with 5w-30, at least for now.

If you can, do some oil analysis on the first few oil changes. That will give you some good information on how the oil is doing.

d00df00d, thanks for your welcome! :))
I'll try to master my English using this forum.
Your post is very useful to me.
Transmission is automatic, dual-clutch S-tronic, because S4 was initially meant to be my everyday car.
Of course, I an not ALWAYS driving very hard, not more than 3-5% of WOT's of all the time of my daily driving.
I'm just a kind of ... oil maniac, just wanted, you know, to have the best available product inside my engine's oil pan to protect it, even though X-lite could never be mentioned as bad oil.
There's Russian proverb, which translates into English as "The best things are the enemies of good things". Guess, that explains what I mean.

Yeah, some UOA's would be nice to see. Not a whole lot of these out there. But the ones I've seen are always very impressive.

Thanks for the tip Nicky on the 5w30, that's what I'll use then. Oh and I know what you mean about being an oil maniac! lol :D

Of course, I an not ALWAYS driving very hard, not more than 3-5% of WOT's of all the time of my daily driving.
I'm just a kind of ... oil maniac, just wanted, you know, to have the best available product inside my engine's oil pan to protect it, even though X-lite could never be mentioned as bad oil.
There's Russian proverb, which translates into English as "The best things are the enemies of good things". Guess, that explains what I mean.

In that case, I definitely think you should stick with X-Lite.

300V is a more prestigious oil for sure, but it's not really a "better" oil. Each one has its advantages, so the question is not which one is better but which one is more suitable.

300V is supposed to be better at taking very severe punishment. I don't think this advantage would ever come into play, since X-Lite will have no problem standing up to your driving.

On the other hand, X-Lite is designed to work better in the cold and run longer between oil changes. I'm sure you could make good use of those advantages.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back