Which filters for me! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau

Hey guys,

Well for the past 3 years I've been using Honda S2000 filters with both my hondas, my 99 Honda PRelude and 2000 Honda CRV (which is no more, it got stolen). I will continue to use the Honda S2000 filter (made by Toyoroki Japan top quality filter). But now I picked up an 07 Acura RDX with a 2.3L turbo engine and it definately won't take the S2k Filter (I know all the new k series motors won't)

Which filter should I use? Good quality filter and I guess provides good oil pressure. I will be most likely using Mobil 1 Synthetic 5w30 until Amsoil releases oil speced for HTO-06 (theres a discussion about this going on in the oil section).

Thanks!
canada.gif

Amsoil EaO, Mobil 1, Wix/NAPA Gold, Purolator PureOne, K&N, etc. There are lots of good filters on the market, I run M1 or Wix because I can get them for very cheap from friends (M1) or fleetfilter.com (Wix/NAPA Gold). You can find the PureOne for quite cheap on Amazon.com as well.

Jon

Since you're planning on using Mobil 1 oil, I'd stick with a Mobil 1 filter. They're top of the line filters, nominally rated at 10 micron, and are made in the USA. The Mobil 1 filters you would need for your Hondas is the M1-104, and for your Acura you would want a M1-110

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back