Which filter 4 extended drains?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Auto-Rx-ing my engine, I plan on using Schaeffers Supreme 10w30 in my '93 Toyota 4x4, V6, manual.
I'd like to do extended drains. What brands of filters would everyone recommend or is the stock filter good enough?
dunno.gif

Thank you.
Hugh

I don't know if I'd run a PureONE for extended drains. I have a feeling it would clog up
pretty quickly.

Patman
I'm with you there. Just did 1200kms with 2nd lot of Arx and tappets became very noisy so I had very restricted flow I guess? They 'look the goods' when I cut them open, seem to be very well made. Thats all i use now but would try the M1 filter if it was available here.

Thought I saw on a previous thread that Baldwin made Amsoil filters...True? If so, would I be able to get the same filter from Baldwin?

I believe that Hastings makes the filters for Amsoil. Baldwin owns the Hastings brand. The Amsoil filters are not the same as the Hastings or Baldwins. I just checked with Baldwin for my application and the filtering media in the Baldwin and Hastings filters are not synthetic. Amsoil filters do have synthetic media in all their filters. Baldwin does make a few of their filters with synthetic media. However, they generally are for big trucks and heavy equipment. The Baldwin filter that fits my truck is a B1432. The micron rating on this filter is 22 microns at 50% and 45 microns at 98.7%. The Amsoil filters are about 98% efficient in the 10 micron range.

Westex39,

The Amsoil SDF filters are approx 98% efficient @ 20 um and 65% efficient @ 15 um ....The other test they run is the SAE J806 multiple pass test, where they are approx 95% efficient. This uses a weighted mixture of 1-40 um particles ...I forget the exact particle distribution, but as I recall 57% of the particles are in the 1-10 um range ....

If you had a full flow filter that was 98% efficient @ 10 microns, the flow rate would be much too slow and it would be in by-pass mode much of the time ....

Hugh,

I also like the Mobil 1 oil filters or the Amsoil filters for extended drains ...I have an M1, 204 on my 2.4L Tacoma right now. This is the same size as the Amsoil SDF-96 filter.

TooSlick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back