Which conventional or semi-synthetic oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which conventional or semi-synthetic oil has the lowest pour point? For example, conventional Pennzoil apparently can flow at temperatures similar to some Group III synthetics.

mobile 7500 5w 30, pour point is lsited as -44 degrees F.
As for conventional, i belive moblie 5000, it has a few more degrees lower than typical.

According to another post here Mobil 7500 is becoming hard to find and apparently may be discontinued. Why would Mobil do that?

Because they want to sell more "Full Synthetic" M1 to those unaware of the truth, at more cost (read: profit) to the consumer who's willing to pay.

Quote:

I beleve they have to many selections to chose from.I run the mobil5000 I cannot see paying 3.00+ for syn blend to run 3-5k.
twocents.gif

I am also looking for a quality oil with a low pour point....I am running Havoline 5w30 now and was considering the switch to mobil 1 before the latest fiasco. Any idea on its cold flow properties? Is this strictly a group II oil? Better off with group III like PP?

Where are vacationing/moving to - that needs the lowest pour point dino?

Iceland?... OK I got it -- North Pole?

Is your name Santa Claus? No reindeers this year?

Last edited:
Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 is 5100 cP @ -30C, and Valvoline Durablend(Syn Blend) is 4800 cP @ -30C.

I doubt that you would notice much of a difference in actual cold start performance at temps above zero for any GF-4/SM 5W-30 that is in the 5000 to 5800 cP range.

Of course, M1 will be at 4,000 cP or below, whatever the base oil group and a good choice for repeated starts in sub-zero weather.

At the risk of
deadhorse.gif
, any of the ConocopPhillips synthetic blends or sibling Motorcraft in your customary goo-rating would be a worthwhile consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back