Which ceramic coat are you using?

I just started detailing a couple months now and my first ceramic coat I did was a couple of days ago with Nanoskin T3. I got it on sale on Amazon for 50 and I like how it turned out. But im wonder what everyone else uses?

Attachments

• 20230511_125918.jpg
    20230511_125918.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 20230511_122920.jpg
    20230511_122920.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Nanoskin is good. I started detailing seriously 2018 ~ 2019 and got addicted to the apex detail channel on youtube. The guy is no joke. Strictly business.

Glassparency Graphene. With Boost topper ever 6 ish months. May start using tec582 instead to maintain.

The shine is like none other.

I did not like the durability of the carpro CQ-UK 3.0. It lasted less than a year.

Last edited:
Nanoskin is good. I started detailing seriously 2018 ~ 2019 and got addicted to the apex detail channel on youtube. The guy is no joke. Strictly business.

Glassparency Graphene. With Boost topper ever 6 ish months. May start using tec582 instead to maintain.

I did not like the durability of the carpro CQ-UK 3.0. It lasted less than a year.
I usually top off my ceramic coating with technician choice 582 every time I wash the car (every week or so). I haven't had any issues. I had the car entirely paint corrected and ceramic-coated. The detailer used gtechniq crystal serum ultra. It has been a year since the application. 0 issues.

I usually top off my ceramic coating with technician choice 582 every time I wash the car (every week or so). I haven't had any issues. I had the car entirely paint corrected and ceramic-coated. The detailer used gtechniq crystal serum ultra. It has been a year since the application. 0 issues.
Tec582 is a not so hidden gem but often goes overlooked compared to the boutique brands. It's probably one of the best values out there. Ech20 diluted is comparable. Tec582 is better than Gyeon CD IMO. Used both.

If you put Tec582 in a Gyeon bottle and handed it to Todd C. at Esoteric he would rave about it.

Cool, thanks for your input ill have to check out that youtube channel. I haven't bought a ceramic topper so I'll try that tec582.

MaxShine Graphene Ceramic coating. If there's an easier product to apply out there, I haven't found it. Looks really good, too. Especially on darker paints.

lexus300,

Being a new member and new to detailing, I wanted to share a very important thing, as you start to research and hone your skill, you will quickly begin to accidentally develop a monster collection of chemicals, and supplies if you are not careful. There is so much good advice on a lot of the youtube channels, that I am quite shocked they share all their inside secrets.

Your nanoskin ceramic is not the absolute best on the market but it is a good contender and respected in the community. Don't upgrade for the sake of upgrading if you are happy with the results and longjevity. Then select any maint topper, you cannot go wrong with tec582 for price and ease of use, but there will also be differing opinions on what is better. tec582 is an awsome drying aide.

Then just master your decontamination washes and include an iron remover. The rest will come with practice.

I'm gonna use up this turtle wax as a topper. I had it on there before I used the nanoskin and I liked the slickness and gloss of it.
20230512_175846.jpg

Last edited:
Back