Where to get Delo at retail locations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep Girls carries Rotella and Delvac but I have not seen Delo locally. Where is everyone getting it?

Not a member. :-(

NAPA carries Delo but only 15w40 and straight 30, they can't get 5w40.

What's wrong with 15w40? Is the 5w40 that much better? You are at the start of summer right. Maybe the fill will still be in there for winter, yes????

We can buy the CI-4+ 15w40 off the shelf in 1 litre (just over a quart for you guys) 5 litre and 20 litre sizes.

How about you guys? Any trouble getting CI-4+

It's for my brother's Jetta. We're in the middle of summer right now, yes. I'm sure the 15w40 is fine but what about when we get into winter?

Wally does stock Delo 15W-40, at a reasonable $8.50/gal jug at the last Wally I visited, a day ago.
I have never seen any other grade of Delo on a shelf anywhere, although I know that other grades exist.
How 'bout either T6 5W-40, or M1 TDT 5W-40?
Widely available.

Yeah, Rotella T6 is my fall-back. I was just curious to have him run it in his Jetta and see how it holds up.

What, the 0W30 Delo?

I think that's only found way north of the border, or maybe in Maine truckstops.

Or do you mean the Synth 5W40?

Originally Posted By: dparm
I'd rather not give them my money, if possible.

See, thats the whole point. Wal-Mart has it for less, so BUY IT AT WALMART. All the rest is.. Cinematic Righteousness.

Please allow me to explain.

I have come to the conclusion that one store's lost Patronage doesnt mean much, as you werent their only customer anyway, and its more or less an idle, if not symbolic threat, to maybe maybe not speak to the manager and say "I wont be bringing my Business here anymore."

It simply doesnt mean that much anymore, even if it is a righteous thing to say.

Theyd just assist the next person that walks through the door....

Wal-Mart, sir.

I even get my Food at Wal-Mart, so unless i need the more convenient cash-back function of Kroger as Giant Eagle is a RIP OFF (lie Pathmark in the Eastern states,) I enjoy having paid less there. Thats about as simple as it is for me.

I didnt make Wal-Mart, and I wont bring it down.

Especialy with all those LOW PRICES! Like.. Your DELO!

thumbsup2.gif

You might also take a look in your Yellow pages and locate oil distributors in your area. They will sell by the case and usually have decent pricing, sometimes better than the regular retail outlets. I have pretty much given up on regular retail outlets, only because they never have what I want, when I want it. My oil distributor always has what I want or can get it in a day or two. And because I buy regularly from them, they deliver it to my house for free while they are making normal business deliveries.

just picked up 3 gallons of delo 15-40 for 8.50 a gallon at walmart

Last edited:
I would say check on Chevron's web site and I'm sure they will be able to give you a supplier near or in your area. I use the Delo 15w40 in my 2002 F350 7.3, good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back