Where to buy Sustina 0W20, and best filter for Fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I have a new Honda Fit and I figure I'd give Sustina a try for my first oil change. Is there any consensus on the best place to buy it? My local NAPA doesn't carry it. It's available on eBay, but I just want to make sure I get the best price/newest stock (if that's even a concern?).

Also, I have some Honda A01 filters I can use. My question would be whether a possibly extra-long OCI with the Sustina would require some sort of heavier-duty filter. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

What's the price on eBay?
No need to be concerned about stock age, it's all SN oil with no changes that I know of.

No need to be concerned about the oil filter for a maximized OCI.

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
No need to be concerned about stock age, it's all SN oil with no changes that I know of.

Fram Ultra is 80% down to 5 microns, unbeatable dual layer synthetic media. If you want good filtering.

Originally Posted By: fourside
Hey guys. I have a new Honda Fit and I figure I'd give Sustina a try for my first oil change. Is there any consensus on the best place to buy it? My local NAPA doesn't carry it. It's available on eBay, but I just want to make sure I get the best price/newest stock (if that's even a concern?).

Also, I have some Honda A01 filters I can use. My question would be whether a possibly extra-long OCI with the Sustina would require some sort of heavier-duty filter. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Why not go with regular ENEOS Synthetic (non-Sustina)? According to PQIA's testing, it is an excellent choice (at least in 5w30)and easy to find at NAPA. It also comes in 0w20...

http://www.pqiamerica.com/March2013PCMO/eneossyn.htm

Originally Posted By: fredfactory
Originally Posted By: CATERHAM

Fram Ultra is 80% down to 5 microns, unbeatable dual layer synthetic media. If you want good filtering.

Where do find that Fram Ultra's are 80% efficient @ 5 micron??

Originally Posted By: zpinch

Where do find that Fram Ultra's are 80% efficient @ 5 micron??

901Memphis got that from a Fram rep that used to post. I read that post too. Fram always says 99% at 20 microns, and the Ultra does have double layer of synthetic filter cobwebs. The Fram rep was looking at bench tests.

TGMO is a decent oil but not some magic elixir. The best readily available oil IMO is M1 EP 0w20 which contains a large %of PAO

and passes deposit tests that TGMO fails miserably... which isn't usually an issue for engines designed for 0w20

Originally Posted By: fourside
Hey guys. I have a new Honda Fit and I figure I'd give Sustina a try for my first oil change...

Is the car brand new...? If yes, then...

How about any brand name synthetic and follow the OLM... warranty is nice to keep for awhile...!

I second the 0w-20 M1 EP, easy to find and not super expensive.

Unless Eneos contains Unicorn Blood...then go for the Sustina

I'd use your OLM and the stock filters while under warranty.

CATERHAM...

From ConocoPhillips concerning high moly 0w20...

http://www.ocsoil.fi/upload/News on Lubes/ILSAC-GF-5.pdf

The TEOST 33C bench test evaluates an engine oil’s tendency to form high-temperature
deposits. This test was originally developed and included in GF-2 to evaluate turbocharger
deposits. It was not part of GF-3 or GF-4, but is back in GF-5 in anticipation of greater use of
turbochargers. Turbochargers allow the automakers to use smaller displacement, more fuel-
efficient engines while still maintaining high power output. Deposit buildup in the turbocharger
bearing areas can lead to loss of engine performance, turbocharger failure and possibly engine
failure. In GF-2, the maximum limit for deposits was 60 mg. For GF-5, the maximum limit is 30
mg (except there is no limit for SAE 0W-20 oils because some Japanese OEMs recommend
SAE 0W-20 oils with high molybdenum content which will not pass this test).

But i fail to understand the significance of this where a FIT or other normally aspirated vehicle is concerned.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wemay

But i fail to understand the significance of this where a FIT or other normally aspirated vehicle is concerned.

Exactly, or how one GF-5 0W-20 compares to another.
So unless Rand knows something we don't, his claim that "TGMO fails miserably" in deposit tests vs M1 EP would appear to be a fabrication.

Geez, Sustina is so expensive. The cost doesn't justify the means when the aforementioned M1 EP 0W-20 is widely available without shipping at more than half the cost and will work just as well.

If it's not available at your local Napa, they can ship it there from the Napa warehouse.

Also, Napa Platinum is on sale this month for $7.99. Napa Platinum is Wix XP

Why not keep things simple by getting Mobil 1 EP 0W-20 at almost 1/2 the price at Walmart for $26.68 per 5-quart jug without all the hassle of shipping and hunting all over the U.S. or Canada for Sustina?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back