when to change oil in NEW car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks again, demarpaint!! will check out magnets, could NOT hurt, and might help! i recall a friend who was an engineer, meticulous. he got rid of his mustang with 320,000 miles, and at 230,000 miles gave his Camaro to his brother. did all oil changes often, maintenance himself, including repainting car. i rode in the camaro, it was like new, inside and out. it CAN be done.

best
bob

Originally Posted By: Robertslowpoke
thanks again, demarpaint!! will check out magnets, could NOT hurt, and might help! i recall a friend who was an engineer, meticulous. he got rid of his mustang with 320,000 miles, and at 230,000 miles gave his Camaro to his brother. did all oil changes often, maintenance himself, including repainting car. i rode in the camaro, it was like new, inside and out. it CAN be done.

best
bob

No problem Bob! Good luck with the new ride! Lots of different opinions here, and lots of evidence backing both sides of the argument. I look at fine metal particles floating around in the oil as sandpaper rubbing against metal. I want it out ASAP, but that's just my opinion and not much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back