When cops turn against their own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Also the conversational ability of Jackson to "Rick" is appalling. I get it that in a lot of towns, it's the kids that didn't make it much past being captain of the football team who repopulate the local poice force. But some reasonable level of expectation to communicate should exist. I don't consider "yo, dawg" to be such.

Not sure I get what you're driving at- would you clarify? If you were insinuating that Jackson was calling his own personal wild card, I would too if I saw that the odds were stacking up against me and my career as indicated in the article. There was an awful lot of people turning against him at the scene.

Originally Posted By: danthaman1980
Some things are not adding up here...
1) So apparently this video was recorded via a GoPro owned by the officer. Typically modern police departments have the capability to video record all traffic stops, and to transmit audio via a microphone on the officer, to the video recorder in the cruiser. If this had been done, we would have been able to hear the entire exchange between the officer and the driver. I find it interesting if there is no official police video with audio/video/time and date stamp.
2) After the driver attempts to exit his vehicle, which is apparently the first sign of distress from what we can tell, another officer shows up within 8 SECONDS and two others within about 15 SECONDS! This is fast. Abnormally fast. Stupid fast.

On your first point- in the article it says that they don't have cams in the cars. Odd, I know, but evidently legit.

Your second point- Yes, I agree. Like Jimmy Johns.... Freaky fast! The only explanation I can come up with is Jackson made some kind of radio request prior to getting out of the cruiser to talk to the driver. Pure speculation though.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric

Also the conversational ability of Jackson to "Rick" is appalling. I get it that in a lot of towns, it's the kids that didn't make it much past being captain of the football team who repopulate the local poice force. But some reasonable level of expectation to communicate should exist. I don't consider "yo, dawg" to be such.

Not sure I get what you're driving at- would you clarify? If you were insinuating that Jackson was calling his own personal wild card, I would too if I saw that the odds were stacking up against me and my career as indicated in the article. There was an awful lot of people turning against him at the scene.

What I said is exactly what I meant. His ability to communicate, as evidenced by the video of the conversation with "Rick" (check the website link provided) is pretty poor use of language.

If his ability to communicate with others is hampered, that's not helping the situation. I think the Lieutenant is a hothead and the officer is right, but as I couldnt hear his conversation well, how am I to know he communicated well and clearly at the traffic stop?

Originally Posted By: The_Eric

What I said is exactly what I meant. His ability to communicate, as evidenced by the video of the conversation with "Rick" (check the website link provided) is pretty poor use of language.

If his ability to communicate with others is hampered, that's not helping the situation. I think the Lieutenant is a hothead and the officer is right, but as I couldnt hear his conversation well, how am I to know he communicated well and clearly at the traffic stop?

Ummm wow! Reading comprehension failure! Me that is... I must have looked at your first paragraph 3 times and for some dumb reason, I kept coming up with "controversial", not "conversational". Okay... yes, I'm a moron.

So- moving on. At that, yes, I agree. He is lacking in the conversational abilities department but that is absolutely no excuse for the IA luey to gwt out of his car. Of all people, the lue should know better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back